T&D Rockers:Street Lifespan

Two Lane

From your experience, what seems to be the average expected mileage/lifespan of the T&D shaft-mounted roller rocker set-ups on the street? :confused:

TIA!! :)

Got 1.65s on mine had them for a little over a year.A little noisey at times but no problems so far.We all know what the stock ones do.

I am not very pleased with the roller bearings they use. I have 2 sets of these rockers and one set had about 1000 miles on them and 6 of the roller bearings started to come apart. I have since changed all the roller bearings to USA made Torringtons . I hope they last longer than the Japanese bearings they used.

Hope this helps.

Neal

Originally posted by musclecar neal

I have 2 sets of these rockers and one set had about 1000 miles on them and 6 of the roller bearings started to come apart.

I have since changed all the roller bearings to USA made Torringtons .

I hope they last longer than the Japanese bearings they used.

Neal

Wow! :eek:

Neal,

Sounds like the bearings should be replaced by Torringtons straight out of the box and not even wait for the ones installed by T&D to go bad!

This kind of info can save people a lot of grief!

TIA for all replies!

I've run both T&D and Jesel on street cars for quite awhile...Now, we're not talking about TB's but small and big block Chevy's. I'm running T&D's right now on my high 9 second C4 Corvette and haven't had a stitch of problems out of them; I've had them on the car for about 5 years with two different motors.
-Jeb