T/A stock replacement manifold performance

we4Mateo

Double you eee what?
Not sure this makes sense so let me know what you guys think. I raced this past weekend; sportsman so I had to keep it at 12.0 ET or slower so no good runs due to lazy 60's. Anyway, I went 119mph on just 26psi and I've never gone over 117.5mph at that boost level before I changed from my stock manifolds to the T/A ones. I know my boost when the TC is locked going up hills isn't as good. I thought the turbo would still be the restriction and these things wouldn't make a difference. Do you guys think it was the headers or just better air than normal? My boost would spike when I locked the TC to 30psi, where the peg is, and settle back to 26psi. That's a bigger than normal surge; probably from tight exhaust. :D

It is really nice having it all quiet under the hood with a tight exhaust. Doesn't spool down low like the stockers, but with my TC, it still comes on REALLY hard on acceleration when it's not locked. And seems to be making good power.

Cant' comment on the air, but the T/A's seemed to have reduced the restrictions.

with this mechanical stuff could be a lot of things,check your stockers for leaks,could a lot be a better seal coming off the motor and or into the turbo.i don't think the stockers are a restriction I went bottom 10's with a set and others have gone faster on them.i love the ta and have them on mine and did notice a tone change when switching,however i like the ta thick flanges and the seal they give,havent been off the car since i put them on:)

Are these the stock replacement ones? I'm excited if so...My set is suppose to show up today!

EDIT: Read the TITLE LOL THANKS!

with this mechanical stuff could be a lot of things,check your stockers for leaks,could a lot be a better seal coming off the motor and or into the turbo.i don't think the stockers are a restriction I went bottom 10's with a set and others have gone faster on them.i love the ta and have them on mine and did notice a tone change when switching,however i like the ta thick flanges and the seal they give,havent been off the car since i put them on:)

Kinda what I thought. Guess I'll need to run it another day and back up the data. :D

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app