syclone

killr6

buying a syclone and do not have the proper info on preformance upgrades. any info on this subject would help. i have 1 gn stock block runs nines 1 t type stage 2 runs eights ready to make truck fly thanks guy robinson

try syty.net. your times are great, are you planning a v6 buildup? the fastest awd 4.3 v6 on there is in the 9s. oh and a "v8" truck is 9.5 but hey.....

Originally posted by gnocide
try syty.net. your times are great, are you planning a v6 buildup? the fastest awd 4.3 v6 on there is in the 9s. oh and a "v8" truck is 9.5 but hey.....

actually tom ferrick ran 8.08...:)

scylone

probaly start with a mild 10 sec combo but who knows what will happen. the problem is that like the buicks they are a lot of parts that you can get some work some don't . i need to know before i start so i donot spend alot more money than i need to. prime example my buick with stock block i have about 35000.00 that should be about 20000.00 in the car. but thats not happening again. thanks for all the feed back and i will be back soon. atl ga

8.08 in a AWD V-6 truck? Details please. Where, when and is there any timeslips or video's of this run?

Originally posted by 92 typhoon
actually tom ferrick ran 8.08...:)

Re: scylone

Originally posted by killr6
probaly start with a mild 10 sec combo but who knows what will happen. the problem is that like the buicks they are a lot of parts that you can get some work some don't . i need to know before i start so i donot spend alot more money than i need to. prime example my buick with stock block i have about 35000.00 that should be about 20000.00 in the car. but thats not happening again. thanks for all the feed back and i will be back soon. atl ga

Hi. You really should visit syty.net. I can tell you a 10 sec combo but when you get a sy running that speed there is allot of tuning info you need to know. Some guys have headers and other bolt on's and can't run 10's. Others are on stock manifold's and pushing 10.2's......

as far as the video goes i've seen it somewhere but can't rememeber. I'll have to look around.

Re: 8.08

Originally posted by clone311v6
8.08 in a AWD V-6 truck? Details please. Where, when and is there any timeslips or video's of this run?

Tom's Typhoon is RWD.

Fastest AWD Sy/Ty to date it a TTV8 in Colorado. 9.53 @ 148. 6500 ft above sea level.

Fastest AWD Sy/Ty with a V6 is 9.89 @ 137. Single turbo on oddfire motor.

Later,
Big Dave
Idaho Sy/Ty

Re: Re: 8.08

Originally posted by Big Dave
Tom's Typhoon is RWD.

Fastest AWD Sy/Ty to date it a TTV8 in Colorado. 9.53 @ 148. 6500 ft above sea level.

Fastest AWD Sy/Ty with a V6 is 9.89 @ 137. Single turbo on oddfire motor.

Later,
Big Dave
Idaho Sy/Ty

I'm up on the AWD trucks and have plenty of time wrenching and driving Hoovers truck. I'm more courious about the power plant in this RWD Typhoon. Is it V-6 vs V-8, Turbo, NO2, Single, Twins or what. When and where did it go 8.08 and at what MPH. Any vedios or timeslips posted?

Thanks,
Mike

I never heard the 8.08 time until this post. It was still a V6 RWD when Tom was in the nines I remember.

The motor must be something pretty sick to make the kind of power to run that kick. If it is a real time.

Are you the Mike C. that orginally had the wheels that are on the Hoovers truck? If so, you have some kwick trucks too!

Later,
Big Dave
Idaho Sy/Ty