Syclone AWD 8.8/ 160.5 Slow motion

mrsyclone

Back again, after the diesaster in Germany with wrong converter. I got a new converter a couple of days later. I put it up and tested it on the jackstands, and it felt like it was going low 7´s I made a decision to go to north Sweden on a test and tune. What can I say!? In Sweden we have midsummer sun, and it´s so beautiful. This picture is taken 12 in the midnight. But we have lots of moscitos.

IMG_5033.jpg

I like the place very much, and it was fun to meet old friends from the north side of Sweden.

Svensk idyll
Genuin Swedish
IMG_5037.jpg

Fixing an old car or something...
IMG_5035.jpg

The time is 6 in the morning.

IMG_5042.jpg

The track was prepped only 60 foot out. Concrete to 1,8 mile. Rest of the track was asphalt. Very good brakingdistance 4 mile long.
IMG_5039.jpg

Finally time to test. I was very nervous first out. Is it gonna break or not? Stall and let it go, yes it is working this time. I felt after 60 foot that I was loosing tracktion, but I never let it off.
IMG_5041.jpg

Enter the pitarea and got the timeslip. Happy when I saw the timeslip. Finally the Syclone delivers again! One thing is for sure, it´s not easy to get an AWD truck to go fast.

IMG_5043.jpg

Slip

60 fot 1.53
1/8 5.8/129Mph
1/4 8.8 /160.5Mph

Went back to see the film from the run and we decieded to soft the chassi a little bit. Made one more pass, scored 8.8 again! But the car was spinning much worse this time.

As usual here in Sweden it´s raining when it´s race. We had a rainstop for three hours.
IMG_5044.jpg

A fast pickup

IMG_5045.jpg

After rain there´s sunshine... or something

We adjust the boostcontroller to back down the power. But same problem, it went up in smoke again after 60 foot. What the hell... we decided to go home. I know for sure that when I´m gonne come to a really glued track it´s gonna go fast or I´m gonna break something.

We packed and went home with two 8´s
I´m so impressed that this V6 can deliver so much power! One thing is for sure you don´t need any NOS V8 or so to run fast.

IMG_5050.jpg

Film: i slow motion

YouTube - Syclone AWD 8.88 160.5 Slow motion

Thanks again!

Robert

Great jobb Robert! That is one fast car, hope i will see it on action meet whit more traction :) .Is this your fastest time?

Congratulation Robert! I assume 400M is close to 1320'. Looks like you may need to play with the XFI traction control a little. Good luck to both you and HEATSEEKER

Congratulation Robert! I assume 400M is close to 1320'. Looks like you may need to play with the XFI traction control a little. Good luck to both you and HEATSEEKER

We drive 1 / 4 mile NOT 400m!!!but time slip the print metrics =(

Best et 8.85 =)

Cool! Wasn't doubting you, just trying to figure out the timeslip :biggrin: I would love to see more pictures of your car hauler. That thing looks wild.

Congratulations, Robert. 8s! Very impressive, indeed.
Keep us posted on future developments.

I switched to dragradial and the car is much more stable now, so that`s why I don´t use the wing for now. But I will use it later on :)

i enjoy reading your posts and the pics you always include in them. congrats on having an amazing truck.