Switching to Radio/CD Player

Bandit395

About a year ago I bought one of the radios that have a CD player which is supposed to plug right into the standard GN harness. I took out the stock one today to install the other one. The hook ups are totally different. I believe it is out of a pontiac, but not quite sure. Any one been down this road and can offer a suggestion?

Can you post a pic of the radio?

I installed a early 90's factory CD player into my car but I had to use a wiring harness adapter. They are pretty cheap about $20 on flea-bay or check with Kirbans

Matt

You guys are the bomb and this site is an amazing source of trouble shooting. TRCustom, I have purchased several items from you, and you offer fantastic products that keep our cars going strong. I have been a customer of Kirban's since the early 90's and his company is top notch as well. Thanks to all of you for helping out! I will check Kirban and Metra.

First the good news! Kirban's adapter harness worked like a charm. The radio works and sound better than the stock one for some strange reason.

Now the bad news, the new radio mounting tabs (two little ears on each side with holes) do not line up correctly, and the ears block the applique retainer clips on the driver side. Any options or ideas please gentlemen.