Suspension upgrade on a budget

kels87gn

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I'll start this by saying that I was only upgrading what I could afford at the time. The suspension was stock and the car only has 15,000 mile on it. I bought some variable rate moog springs, bilstein shocks and a DSE anti sway bar from Scott at GNS. I started off by degreasing the rear end and using a wire brush to remove some surface rust. I got some spray on rust inhibitor from loctite I believe to treat the rust prior to paint. I taped everything off and used 2 can of the VHT chassis paint from autozone. I applied it in 3 coats. We'll see how it holds up in the long run. I know people say use por15 but I just wanted this done. I've been sitting on these parts for a month now. I'm happy with the finished product and the installation was pretty strait forward. I haven't test driven the car yet but I can say it is super stiff just sitting there. The variable rate spring added about 3/4" to the rear ride height. I'm not sure if that's from being new or just the bigger springs. I like the look. I'll let you know my impressions after I get a chance to drive it over the weekend.

I gotta admit when I first opened this thread I cringed a little bit the way the diff looked, but damn what a change! You did a GREAT job, that looks amazing! I am having a car shipped and it should be here in the next day or so. I know the diff looks similar to what yours did so I am excited to clean it up like you did. Very nice work!