Supra TT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by darkfa8
Result: RB26DTT, look it up, its the most power-capable engine on the planet right now, bar-none.

Especially when they can push well over 1000rwhp out of the STOCK production engine block with bolt-ons.

well no offense but i got some questions and arguments for you with these 2 posts

if the nissan block is the most power then wouldnt mean its has the highest potential to go fast? yet I dont recall the imports ahead of domestics when it comes to drag racing?

in the comparison to the supra and the TR
how about we do an even comparison of apples to apples

why not compare the 87 supra with the 87 TR? how come no one ever does that comparison, they always compare their best model?
lets take in perspective the technology of the TR in this time period obviously its very ahead of its time, so even though this is a dumb assumption but what if that technology progressed as much as the 87 supras did? whos really has more technology

supra has a forged bottom end, so lets compare it with a TR with forged bottom end?
Im not knocking the supra I think its an awesome car but lets make even comparisons
see my drift here?

on a side note and this is not to be offensive just a question though
if you were just owning the car for the reliablity why would you buy an atleast 11 sec combo of parts for the car? if you wanted reliablity couldnt you have gotten a dodge aspen or something with a slant 6?

Originally posted by darkfa8
RB26DTT, look it up, its the most power-capable engine on the planet right now, bar-none.

Ummm....NO

I don't think it will handle 6000hp like our Top Fuel and NHRA guys are. And they use blowers, not turbos(which means there is a hell of a lot more power there to be had). And don't forget that Stage II Buicks have already broken the 1600hp barrier and sub-7sec times.

And apparently you haven't heard of the Bugatti Veyron. W16 cylinder, quad turbocharged, all-wheel drive with 7-speed gearbox road rocket. 1006hp and 9XX ft.lb. torque from the factory. And even with 16 cylinders, it's still about the size of an average V8. This is the most advanced vehicle on the road, bud. So advanced that only 50 a year are being built. 50/50 weight distribution and an extremely low center of gravity assures this baby can handle too.

Back on topic....
The supra's have BILLET steel bottom ends(one reason for their high pricetag). Some supras can drag too. I've heard on more than one occasion of guys switching to a live rear axle with auto and high stall. Just hope you don't find one of them. :)

One last note.....Never doubt an American made sports car, we have the best aftermarkets in the world Bar-none.

The guy is now claiming he is beating Z06's

I dont know about that... unless there is something under the hood he isnt telling anyone about. Ofcourse he claims this froma 60mph kick..

Ok, some people need to get their facts strait. Supras have forged bottom end (not billet), wich can support over 1000 hp stock.

Incredible, but not too incredible. My Fiat has Forged crank and rods good for 700 hp or so (not pistons though), and it's a 26 year old 4 cylinder. It's not exotic or anything.

case in point.. Vince Rigolis Fiat powered Datsun Truck
He's run 8.5 seconds in the 1/4 mile recently.

Oh, and about the RB26DETT and the 6000hp Top Fuel crap. Well For one thing, the 6000hp top fuel engines are completely aftermarket. Not a single piece (ok, maybe 1) of those engines actually came out of a Dodge, Ford, or GM factory. Plus, they're gigantic. I don't neccessarily agree that the RB26DETT is the most power-capable engine on the planet, but it's still pretty cool. And it's certainly strong.

Sorry, but I have to interject some controversial opinion here....

No matter what you do, no matter how fast it runs, you're still driving a Toyota.

I know were going to be stuck driving these buicks for as long as we keep them

but atleast you got a 77 fiat right? :rolleyes:

I remember when they came out, they were dusting all those muscle cars that had twice as my cylinders, I think they started the saying of something like "I have more horsepower per liter than you"

wasnt that the reason import racing came out?

ever since then I've been hoping America would somehow try and bounce back from the effects of the fiat 4 cylinder forged engine

I remember in hopes of trying to get back we were trying to build some better engines but to no avail, the only thing we came up with were no reliable, gas guzzling v-8s with lots of torque to move our 5000lb cars, you could imagine how embarassed I felt when I had to go head to head with a 3000GT at the track, I know the people were probably like, what the ****s he doing? that extra displacement engine is going to hold his already heavy car down

I'm hurt. I don't understand what I did to provoke this vicious attack against my automotive preference. I never said anything about the 77 fiat dusting all the american iron of the time (although, I'd like to see you name a fast car from 77). That's not what it was built for anyway. But the day your TR makes 700 hp with a stock bottom end (excluding pistons), you tell me and I will kneel down to the God of Buick and beg for his/her/it's merciful forgiveness.

In short, Go F*** yourself.

Not all Supras are 800 rwhp

Ok, real world at NED. I have been matched up to some Supras on street night (Wednesdays). I know some are wicked fast but the ones I have encountered were fast but not enough to catch me in the T/A. The ones I see are owned by younger guys and the cars were probably very beat. Maybe they were not turbos or they just were sucky drivers, I don't know. A couple of them were even low 14s. It's hard to tell with them and I don't really know what they're packing. I thought I was going to get my clock cleaned but I got them. I have seen a couple of low 12 older Eclipes and a newer Mazda RX that runs 11.3 (he owns a speed shop for ricers and has some very $$$$ parts on it). Not all rice is slow. It just costs $$ squared to make them go.

Originally posted by Fiat124 1756
Ok, some people need to get their facts strait. Supras have forged bottom end (not billet), wich can support over 1000 hp stock.

Actually I have sopken with some well know Supra owneres and builders and it seems like the motor gives out at 900rwhp. So yes they are hella fast but the problem is getting the hook. With out that its still just a 12 sec car. O yeah in Tucson you will never have a chance agenst any MIIV Supras in a stock TTA. Not even from a dig. :( Everyone needs to just get over the whole "IMPORT" thing and respect a fast well built car.

"But the day your TR makes 700 hp with a stock bottom end (excluding pistons)"

I talk alot with the people of dynotech performance and the owner Eric Schertz (not sure if thats spelt right, sorry eric) has a stock block GN and he puts 800 to the wheels

so I guess you better start kneeling huh?

by the way I think this would be the line that provoked alot of it

"No matter what you do, no matter how fast it runs, you're still driving a Buick."

wow, your up late aren't you. If you didn't happen to notice, the post before that said
"No matter what you do, no matter how fast it runs, you're still driving a Toyota."
I was simply retaliating, even though I don't drive a toyota.

and, by the way, I thought you had to replace you two center main-caps at appx. 600hp?

well truthfully I dont know then

I realize you need to replace the main caps but everyone I talked to about it said he had a stock block, since he is building a S2 now

Mr. FIAT , I've being racing for 35 years now and owned a lot of different MUSCLE cars . Let me tell you that the ones I enjoy the most are my BUICKS TURBO . Nothing for me come close to that pleasure ( AWESOME power and torque ) with the proper combination that can EMBARRASSE any kind of cars . YOU name them , I've beat them . :cool:

Originally posted by Fiat124 1756
wow, your up late aren't you. If you didn't happen to notice, the post before that said
"No matter what you do, no matter how fast it runs, you're still driving a Toyota."
I was simply retaliating, even though I don't drive a toyota.
Sorry you took it that way, but it wasn't retaliation. I personally wouldn't be caught dead in an import unless it's an exotic.

Since this isn't an import board you're not goint to find much "Import Love" here. If you're looking for Ricer support there's plenty of import boards to frequent.

TT/A1233

thanks for the support
by the way thats one badass TA you got, runs 12s with what like $300 in parts

Carl

Originally posted by Cleaner13
TT/A1233

thanks for the support
by the way thats one badass TA you got, runs 12s with what like $300 in parts

Carl

thats all it takes ;) we are not talking about Supras here :p

Not mine either Chris, especially at the near 30K price tag for a stock USED MKIV TT. Then your still only runnin 13.8s. Sure the bottom end is strong, but when it costs 3 grand for a single turbo conversion, and another 1300 for a front mount intercooler, and no telling what you have to do to be able to do these mods, trick the computer, sensors, whatever, its gonna cost more to modify the supra than many other cars out there, period. Doesnt really matter how fast your runnin when it cost you 100 grand to do it. Not sayin the Supra cost 100 grand to run big numbers, but they are expensive to modify just like alot of other cars. Fiat or Buick, either would be a more budget minded choice to run fast in. Supra is way up there in the price range.

For the original topic poster, you should have no problem beating the Supra. Hes running low 13s most likely, with his mods being about the same as yours, cone filter, exhaust perhaps, tad more boost, thats about it. I say just get your car dialed in with around 20 psi and 104 unleaded, and some sticky tires. As long as you can hook, you will eat his lunch. Throw in one of those 204/214 cams like Reds Hot Air and a few others have, and you will burn him on the top end too : )

Hope that helps,

Status
Not open for further replies.