Supra street race. Not entirely relevent.

turbows6

This doesn't exactly fit what's supposed to be on here, but I thought it was cool to watch, and I was there with another member of this webboard.

Last Friday night my friend Jeremy with an '04 Mach 1 with bolt on's and 150 shot was supposed to race a newer Supra that has a ton of money in it. I ended up riding out to the race with Steve from here on the board and one other friend. Everyone told Jeremy he had better get the Supra out of the hole by at least 4 or 5 cars to even have a chance because the Supra can walk away from mid 10 second cars from a roll, but it always runs 12's at the track because it's not set up very well.

When they did their burn out I thought "Oh, Jeremy is in WAY over his head" because the Supra sounded like it had insane amounts of power. I have heard knowledgeable people say around a 1000, but I don't know for sure what it actually makes. The Supra was running 325 MT Drag radials. They lined the cars up, and even though Jeremy had ET Streets on, he launched the car like a turd and only got the Supra about a car out of the hole. They ran about 300 feet down the road and the supra was apparently just peddling the car in 1st and 2nd to keep from blowing away the tires, so it was still about 1 car back. When he hit 3rd he floored the Supra, and the thing spooled..... and it blew the tires away and the Mach 1 ran off with the win! It must suck to get beat by a practically stock Mach 1 when you have 50 grand in a car. LOL

It does absolutely no good to have a 1000hp car without the ability to get that kind of power to the ground. A kill is a kill, Mustang wins.

Yeah I agree. If you cant race from 0 why race at all? Whats good is going from 100?

Jason

and thus the reason you see all the dyno queen supras putting down 1000+ whp and only running 12s and 11s on slicks...its sorta like me and my srt all that power and no where to put it down.. its a down fall but its still fun to do highway runs with :)