Super Servo Install

Mr86t-type

Guys,

In the Superior Super Servo Kit, it recomends Removing the 3rd Accumulator Spring - If I do that won't it "Clunk" badly on the Downshift???

Guys,

In the Superior Super Servo Kit, it recomends Removing the 3rd Accumulator Spring - If I do that won't it "Clunk" badly on the Downshift???
If you're talking about the smaller return spring I would leave it in because it also acts as a cushion for the apply. If you leave this spring out your part throttle upshifts might be too harsh. Also this spring is used to help knock off the band during a 2-3 upshift. The larger the apply area of the servo piston the more critical this spring becomes for shift timing. If you're talking about disabling the larger cushion spring the apply could be harsh enough to break the anchor or the band where it hooks to the anchor pin. Doing either of these things would probably cause a downshift clunk. I'm also a big believer in trying things to prove to myself what happens. If somewhere along the line you replaced the original GN return spring for a weaker one,I would go back to the stronger original spring.

Thanks, I DID leave the spring in, was a Super easy R & R, and other than the larger Surface area theres really not a whole lot of difference. It shifts Firmer at Full Throttle, and part throttle upshifts are still the same.

Thanks, I DID leave the spring in, was a Super easy R & R, and other than the larger Surface area theres really not a whole lot of difference. It shifts Firmer at Full Throttle, and part throttle upshifts are still the same.
Wow,it's firmer when you need it the most. It don't get no gooder than that.