Sunoco GT 100 Unleaded - question

Originally posted by QuickWE4
Hello all:

I've located a Sunoco station near me (well, sort of) that sells GT100 unleaded out of the pump at like $3.99 a gallon. If I run this fuel exclusively, can I have my chip burner make me a chip for 100 octane or is this gas not a true 100 octane?

Prior to this, I had been running Powermist 105 RFG but it's too expensive, and I'm starting to drive the car a tad bit more now that the weather is nice.

Not interested in going to alky right now as I'm still learning how to tune. Primarily like to run the high octane stuff more as cushion for detonation as I don't take the car to the track.

Anybody use this gas on a regular basis?

TIA
Rich

DIRT CHEAP SUNOCO GT-100
Hi Fellows, Just chiming in here, I have been using Sunoco GT-100 Unleaded EXCLUSIVELY for the last Three years in my 85 Turbo Riviera.
IT is a bargin here at $ 2.99 per gallon at the pump
THIS GAS MAKES MORE POWER!!!
I can safely run 18-22 pounds of boost on my HOT AIR RIVIERA, dependent on outside temp, which gear i'm in ect.
I always mix in some LUCAS fuel treatment also as top lube,
GAS milage MPG is about 16-18 city-hiway combined adverage depending on LEAD FOOT!
I WISH I COULD GET THE GT-104 unleaded, but I read IT is Illegal for street use do to more OXYGEN content,
ANYWAY< to sum it, I decided a long time ago, IF I WAS GOING TO be tinkering with the boost, that the 3 bucks a gallon for the race gas was cheap insurance against BLOWING a HEAD GASKET!!

REGARDS

I toss a few gallons in with the 94 and alky. injection when racing.

Makes street trim a bit safer. ;)

Unleaded 100 ain't race fuel. :cool:

Got a 55 gal. drum of the GT-104 in my garage right now.:D My car is not a daily driver, so I don't go through a whole lot of gas. If you can afford it, I think it is the safest way to go. My car loves it, and it smells great!:D

Brad

$2.999 gallon for the last three years

Originally posted by Turbosix6
$2.99 a gallon for 100 octane?? Jeez Im up to 4.99 a gallon here on Long Island.

I am located here in LOWER DELAWARE, the gas station that sells it is about 20 miles away from where I live, I like this gas alot for a turbo car, It may be the lowest retail cost for this fuel in the COUNTRY, I am dreading the day that they raise the price up. I never let in more than five gallons of 94 mixed in to pure 100, if i mix it one part in four, when I re-fill up, i mix it up four parts to one to get the stength back.
I was considering buying a pro-pain kit, but 600 bucks buys alot of GT-100 here, about 200 gallons, PLUS I get 4 per cent discount on top off that with the SUNOCO mastercard.

REGARDS