Sun visor brackets

drdave69

My passenger side visor (lighted + t-top) slides backward and forward when braking or accellerating. I took it apart but can't see a way to tighten the bracket and I haven't found a replacement bracket anywhere. Anyone know a way to solve this problem?

I was told to shim the spring on mine but I haven't gotten around to doing it yet. Maybe tonight.

I actually tried that last night. I used some open end electrical spade terminals with the splice ends cut off. I compressed the spring a little and slid the "u-shaped" pieces on top of the round spring retainer but under the center rivet. This did not work either (these shims are only about .040"). The visor still moves freely. I think the next option is to superglue the pivot into place.

I actually tried that last night. I used some open end electrical spade terminals with the splice ends cut off. I compressed the spring a little and slid the "u-shaped" pieces on top of the round spring retainer but under the center rivet. This did not work either (these shims are only about .040"). The visor still moves freely. I think the next option is to superglue the pivot into place.

thats gonna be my solution