Suggestions for more boost/power on stock GN

Steves87

I want to keep my GN mostly stock, but would like to add some HP to the mix. I have an intake, chip, 340 fuel pump hotwired. Would an adjustable wastegate and adjustable fuel pressure regulater be the next option?
If so, what additional HP could be expected? Currently I can only get about 15 lbs of boost with my stock setup.
And if the above is the route to go, who would you recommend for getting them?

You need octane to run more boost.

Alky. kit and the adjustable arm and FP Reg.

Then you can bring the boost up. :cool:

I don't think you will see any more hp with the arm and reg. without more octane and then more boost.

Unless right now you can prove you are very lean at 15psi., but that really is the limit pretty much on pump gas with a stock setup and reasonable chip.

Those two items are xactly what I would add next. You need to be able to control fuel pressure when you are changing boost levels.....the next things would be a scanmaster and some sticky tires if you plan to race. You can find those parts at Poston, Kirban or some of the many vendors listed on this site. Scanmaster is made by Ramchargers and they may have the best price.

Oh, and salvage is right about the octane/alky of course
Have fun!:D

I have a ScanMaster installed and just starting to adjust and tune with it. I have adjusted the ICS and TPS to where they need to be. Still trying to figure out what else I can tune with the ScanMaster.

Where can I read more about an alky kit?

Check out the alky forum, right on this site. Take a good look at the controller/setup that Razor sells. Excellent product (i have one) and a great guy to deal with!!! Highly recomended!!

Originally posted by Thunder
Check out the alky forum, right on this site. Take a good look at the controller/setup that Razor sells. Excellent product (i have one) and a great guy to deal with!!! Highly recomended!!

Thunder,

What is the website of Razor? I would like to see what the system setup is and price.

Razor's site

Here's the link to Razor's Alky website:

AlkyControl.com

I just put on his progressive kit and it is an outstanding piece of work. It went on easily and works exactly like he said it would.

You will not fine ANYONE better to deal with before OR after the sale than Julio Don (Razor).

Originally posted by Steves87
I have a ScanMaster installed and just starting to adjust and tune with it. I have adjusted the ICS and TPS to where they need to be. Still trying to figure out what else I can tune with the ScanMaster.

Where can I read more about an alky kit?

Post all your readings at idle and cruise. It is imperative your car is in perfect working order before you mess with alky. Have you done the gnttype.org spring cleaning?

How fast are you trying to be on the street? You can run 16-17 psi on 93/94 octane if tuned properly.

Originally posted by MistaScott
Post all your readings at idle and cruise. It is imperative your car is in perfect working order before you mess with alky. Have you done the gnttype.org spring cleaning?

How fast are you trying to be on the street? You can run 16-17 psi on 93/94 octane if tuned properly.

Scott,

I can hit just over 15 psi with my stock setup, but steady boost is around 14-15. So far locally I can only find 93 octane. I have done almost all the spring cleaning except for changing plugs and wires. Car seems to be running good except for a small oil leak. I am just accustomed to more power and the car seems weak. I don't plan on racing but I like to have power. I just don't want to lower the value of the car by screwing with it too much. It has only 26k.

Steve

Basically it is a decision about how fast you want to go on the street. You can tune up and be a high 13 second car with 93 octane and no alcohol.

Use alcohol if you want to go FAST with 93 octane on the street. You could also run 15-17psi of boost on the street with 93/94 octane and bump up the boost with a boost controller and 100 octane racegas when you want to go fast (say on the weekends).

Take your car to the track and get a time at stock tune so you can better tell if something is wrong.

Also, post your entire scanmaster readings at idle and cruise (IAC, AT, TPS, LM, etc) and the experts on here can tell you if something is wrong. Look for knock on your runs.

Also get a powerplate from Jason.You can usually run 2 more lb's of boost with no knock:)

Ill say 275/60/15.The 50 series are shorter than stock and a taller tire is better on TR's.

Originally posted by broke1
Also get a powerplate from Jason.You can usually run 2 more lb's of boost with no knock:)

Ill say 275/60/15.The 50 series are shorter than stock and a taller tire is better on TR's.

I did buy and install an RJC Power Plate. I will get some ScanMaster readings and post as soon as it quits raining.