Suggestion to help noisy power steering

Chris Cornett

I decided to suck out and refill the P/S fluid today. I made sure I had the correct resevoir and filled and drained the fluid twice. On the final fill,I added a bottle of Lucas Oil power steering conditioner and used Valvoline Syntech fluid. I am happy to report that most of the groan is all gone. Sure beats having to change the pump. I highly reccomend the Lucas Oil coditioner. Just wanted to pass this on as I know this is a common problem on these cars.

One word............... LUCAS!

My GN did the same.....started groaning bad after sitting all winter. I drained and filled the reservior multiple times while cycling the fluid through the system, and it didnt help. So I drained the reservior again, and filled it with Lucas, no more groan. GOOOOOD stuff.

Hey I figured if they are gonna offer a money back guarentee what do I have to lose. I have used there products in the past with excellent results.

Itll come back. You need to install the updated reservior. Problem is with the routing of the nipples...they aerate the fluid.

I disagree. I have the proper design and mine does it.

I changed the fluid and it helped but it needs the Lucas.

you guys are both right, you do need the update ps fluid res. but it doesn cure all ills. I fiddled with mine since new and finally updated to the new res. and problem was fixed.

I did have the updated resevoir. The correect one has the inlets next to each other and the other has them on top of each other.

Here is the part #25531140

I was told by my dealer that the updated power steering resevoir is no longer available. Does anyone know different. This was about two weeks ago.
They were also unable to give me a corret part no. so maybe they do not know what they were talking about.

I just popped that part number in at gmpartsdirect and it costs $15.76 without their shipping and handling. Hope that helps.