Subtracting fuel

sevenphoenix

Hello all,

been searching around the forums and havent found many threads with the same issues i'm having so i figured i'd post up and see if there might be some feedback.

I have an '89 TTA with the TT chip/walbro pump and hotwire. I purchased the vehicle at the beginning of the year from a member here and had it shipped up to CO from its home in NY. The car runs and idles STRONG but is an absolute gas hog and max's at about 10psi whereas i've seen video from the previous owner with it at 15psi. I'm assuming this is due to the altitude change?

I can barely get 200 miles out of a tank and thats staying out of the turbo! at idle it spews fuel all over my garage from the tailpipes so i took it to a local tuner here and had him take a look and throw it on the dyno (235HP btw :)) and he mentioned that it is running so rich its dangerously close to fouling the plugs. He suggested i let him tune the stock chip and add a fuel pressure regulator and MBC. I'm very new to the turbo buick v6 and i'm wondering if theres an alternate route to tweak this fuel hog down some to be a bit more efficient. Any suggestions?

You need a power logger and laptop to see whats going on before you continue.

Norbs,

I've been reading the 8 pages worth of "power logger" search function here and think i'm about ready to pull trigger on a power logger. Again, i am very new to the turbo v6 and tuning anything in general so i'm still somewhat confused. I see the powerlogger unit attaches to the factory ECM and there are analog inputs. Does the power logger read data from the ECM stream and output to the laptop software or do i have to splice into sensor wires and solder down to the power logger board for the USB output to the laptop? I'm also not sure how this all plays into the TT chip that the previous owner put in. (i've read the fullthrottle speed manual its still vague to me)

Please forgive my noobness i'm just looking to be as educated as possible to avoid imploding this wonderful motor.

Your making this too complicated. You plug the power logger into the ecm, the power logger has usb connector on it you plug your usb cable into the laptop. Another cable plugs in the power logger with the analog inputs so you can connect a wideband , scanmaster, and map sensor, and a few more things. To log data you will need the laptop connected to the power logger at all times, other wise it cant log data. You will be ok once you hook it up its easy