Stupid Question

fyrlt67

Ok here we go I have been trying to get my IAC count down for like a month now. Have cleaned the IAC the throttle body/blade still high count like in the 40s. Tonight I tok it out again and maybe it just me but isnt there suppose to be a gasket on the IAC? or have I been sniffing to many exhaust fumes?

So I guess the missing gasket is most likely the cause of the high count. Hope I can track one down before wednesday, the Hot Rod power tour is stopping in Dayton like 15 minute north of me and I really wanted to go

So I guess the missing gasket is most likely the cause of the high count. Hope I can track one down before wednesday, the Hot Rod power tour is stopping in Dayton like 15 minute north of me and I really wanted to go

If you cannot find the gasket-make your own. Get some gasket material from your local auto parts store. Brad

or sacrifice the Luck Charms box and make a gasket..

This is starting to wearing me out, Got a new gasket, now the count is like 75 cant get any lower. What else could it be? Everything was great until I put the new downpipe on. Could a vacuum leak cause this issue? I have about 15# vacuum at idle. Here what I have tried,

1. Removed and clean IAC valve
2. Clean Throttle body/blade/passages
3. Switched back to old TPS switch
4. Switched back to old IAC

Have you been adjusting the IAC set screw and turning the car off and then on between adjustments? Let us know. Brad

no just adjusting "on the fly" I did DC the orange wire between changing out IAC and TPS

That is your problem. The IAC set screw is very sensitive and adjustments are in small increments. Restart car after each adjustment and check the IAC counts until you get to where you want to be. Brad

That is your problem. The IAC set screw is very sensitive and adjustments are in small increments. Restart car after each adjustment and check the IAC counts until you get to where you want to be. Brad

Exactly what Brad had said, you should be adjusting very lightly, and keep on checking from there until you got it, interesting how sensitive our cars are :smile:

Brad you Da' Man.....that did the trick and I got to take it up to the Hot Rod power tour. Lots of cars good time, well except that my electric fan died and the car overheated, the guys at GM performance parts and painless wire took pity on me and set me up, so now the fan issue is resolved