Stupid question

tenright

Ok this one is pretty stupid but here goes anyway...I have been tweaking boost past couple of days and yesturday when I put the car up for the night, checking for leaks, there was a bolt on the floor. It is abour 3/4 of an inch long, brass, about a 10mm, and has an 86 stamped on the head....For the life of me I can't figure out where it goes...all the oil pan bolts are accounted for, as are the water pump....Nothing is leaking....It just appeared, I am thinking it may have been lost in some nook somewhere and finally found its way loose. But thats a pretty risky assumption...anybody who has done a complete rebuild and might know where this bolt goes???

The bolt was used to hold down the wiring harness going to the coil module. I recently upgraded to the 87 ignition system and didn't put this bolt back on due to the Caspers wire conversion kit from an 85 to an 87 coil module. My spare bolt has an 86 stamped on it, is 10 mm and is three quarters of an inch long. Check your wiring by the coil module and you should see where it goes. Check it out and don't loose any sleep. Brad

Well I looked and the wires are held in place with a very small bolt. I also have the 87 coil pack and 87 conversion. So if you are right this is a wandering bolt that just decided to show itself.....lol