Stupid Ford

stanggt00

Until recent years, the only thing that has kept Ford alive and the Mustang popular and competitive was the HUGE aftermarket of parts. With the new, more powerfull GT's and the 03 Cobra, I think Ford finally got their heads out of their asses. But sicne the early days, the Mustangs were SLOW. Yeah they sounded good and had some power, but they were always capable of so much more. Why did it take so long for Ford to get off their asses and build a powerfull production Stang? I dont know. Atleast GM was doing the right thing at that time, during the 80's and 90's, which was to build POWER. And, do it with 2 less cyliders at that.

Anyway, this whole thing came to mind when reading through the thousands of posts throughout this forum. The whole thing makes me wonder why I even bought one to begin with. In hindsight, I love my 00 GT just as you guys love your TB and GN's etc... One other thing just came to mind. It's easier for you all to mod and work on your vehicles since I am sure almost all of them are paid off. Once I drop my $400+ month payment, I will have alot more $ to do things to it. I guess the point of this little rant is that the newer Mustangs can do ALOT, but with vehicle payments it's taking alot longer to power it up. OK, Im done now :D