stupid cobra!

OK my only input for this...You're running a 49 :confused:
If I upgrade the Turbo it's a 44 or larger..ok back under my rock :D

TE 44 and a TA 49 pretty much have the same internals TA 49 is stock appearing and TE44 is not.

Prasad

I think you have enough mods to beat him easily but only race him from a dead stop 20 mph roll at the max.Thats the key dont get involved in the roll racing game cuz you probaly will lose.You need one thing to beat him traction traction traction.I have raced 4 of those cobras as wells 1 newer vette not a z06 but c6 my 87we4 still has the stock turbo those cars beat me from roll 60 mph and up 1 to 3 cars depending on driver/mods.But from a dead stop I have beating every one of them many times.My car is always on kill mode 110 gas and razors alky 29 degrees timing in all gears.I say get the suspension tuned right you have more than enough mods to beat him out of the hole.Also these cars were all manuals i can alsmost bet than when i sees you blow by him of the line and has to play catch up missed gears and panicking will occur:biggrin: My car has ran a best 12.0 @111 thats with 151 original valve springs.Wup his ass.If u really want kill him get a te-45.

OK my only input for this...You're running a 49 :confused:
If I upgrade the Turbo it's a 44 or larger..ok back under my rock :D

I thought the 49 was bigger than the stock 44... I am gonna get a PTE6131 so its a mute point anyway

We use the 210-215 with awesome results, do a search under the Full Throttle 210-215 and read the results. I posted the combo we ran with that cam here few times . It is a proven cam and I'll definitely recommend it. I will also add ported heads, bigger turbo and injectors as well to your combo. There is more than one way to skin a cat but if the funds are available I will get everything done, right now you have it all a part and it's easier and cheep to do than later. This way you can blow the doors off not just his car but 99% of the cars out there. Just remember, there will always be someone out there that's faster than you no matter what you do, do not under estimate anyone!!

HTH
Prasad

You said you posted your results somewhere? Where did you post them and how can I find them I would be really curious to see it. thanks
-Andrew

Went to Rock Falls Raceway with a friend this morning and there were 3 Cobras there. One was running 11.60 and the other two were running 12.20-30s. I know one had a KenneBell twin screw super charger, other two were stock , all had cold air kits.

Get an alky chip to run the max octane boost/timing your turbo will support, fill up with the appropriate octane, tune-it up, stick on MT drag radials, toss-down the gauntlet & just-do-it for cripes sake--enuf yada-yada! If this is beat-to-death, this race will NEVER occur, because you'll be afraid you don't yet have enuf mods,,,

If you lose, suck-it-up & THEN do more mods & ask for rematch. Actually, you can respectably set up a potential rematch in event you loose. He may actually be thinking along the same lines & want to do some more mods & a rematch IF HE LOSES...

This should not be life-or-death trying to bet on the come, anticipating all the potential results,,,

GIT-R-DONE!

I don't see anything in your signature about bigger downpipe, hi flow cat, cat-back exhaust! It don't matter how good the intake side is if the exhaust side is stock, you're not going to get max power!

Turbo's DON'T like backpressure!

Conrad Carter

I don't see anything in your signature about bigger downpipe, hi flow cat, cat-back exhaust! It don't matter how good the intake side is if the exhaust side is stock, you're not going to get max power!

Turbo's DON'T like backpressure!

Conrad Carter

hey conrad did the changes to the fast system makes it behave better in the street ?

03 Cobra Ex

I am a former owner of an 03 Cobra as well.

Mine had some great Mods, and it was sick fast as well! Truly a Monster of a car! Only thing I hated was shifting the T-56 Tranny. That thing was a monster.

Other than that, it was the best handling, sportscar I've ever owned. The IRS and the way it hugged curves along with the power was sensational.

Only thing it lacked was true character in many ways. When compared to a Turbobuick, they just are 180 degrees apart. Modular engines aren't fun to look at and listen to, when you lift up the hood. Also, I love the sound of a Turbo spooling up, as opposed to a whiny sounding supercharger which sounds like a bad idler pulley.

Also, I took it out and opened it up. Top end on a Diablotune brought the car to a whooping 170 mph on a really nice straightaway! The car still felt stable at that top speed, and it ran like a top with No, Problems, Ever! And I mean, ever.... It's not an easy car to break, or have problems with. Bulletproof is the word.

Any of you big bad GN guys close to Florida? I wouldnt mind going against your invincible GN, money or for fun doesnt matter.. Just as long as we post the results in all these threads about mustangs...:biggrin:

I went to the SVT link that was provided. Looks like the average is 111 mph for a stock 03/04 Cobra. That should be good for 12.40's to 12.50's with traction.

I think if you pay careful attention to your mods you'll be able to take him. Like someone said you're going to need around 500 rwhp.

Any of you big bad GN guys close to Florida? I wouldnt mind going against your invincible GN, money or for fun doesnt matter.. Just as long as we post the results in all these threads about mustangs...:biggrin:

I know Cal Hartline is in Florida...I heard his GN is pretty quick.:biggrin:

If you have a Stock cobra shoot me a PM. This might be fun. ;)

A close friend has an 04 Cobra with ported blower, upper and lower pulley and other add-on mods. The dyno reflects 515 rear wheel hp. Its hard to ignore that kind of hp. It pulls very hard on the street and he drives well. On the negative side it weighs in at close to 3700#'s without driver and its difficult to launch. The 03/04 Cobras do pull good MPH because of their high hp but also because they are 6 speed stick cars without slippage. Everything being equal, a stick car will always out MPH an automatic by 3-5 mph depending on the speed but they don't always win the race. Plan accordingly and win the race.

Someone woke the Baby

Thanks you guys are great! I appreciate all the input both positive and negative. I am not gonna let this affect my buildup I am just gonna enjoy every moment of it and see what happens from there. Didnt think this much convo would come from this post but its GREAT!! I know the Cobras r bad and I realize I may get beat but I cant let that stop me from having fun!!
-Andrew

Ever notice how easily the little Buick "half dozen" seems to intimidate V8 Mustang owners. I don't fully understand it. They call us names like "big dad GN guys" and call our turbo Regals "invincible". They must think our turbo Regals are invincible. That's a good thing! Now that I think of it there are a few slightly modified turbo Regal's residing in Florida. Cal Hartline's name comes to mind along with a few others. I hear that Cal frequently drives his GN on the street and runs in the eights. Should be a close race!