Stuck in a Predicament

84GNv6

I really want a grand national for my dd but all i have is $6800...but then again I'm thinking about getting a gas saver '97 honda accord for $2000 with 111k miles. SHould I buy the honda and then save up for a GN or try to get loan/borrow cash and then buy a GN and save up for honda. If you were in my shoes what would you do?:confused:

I really want a grand national for my dd but all i have is $6800...but then again I'm thinking about getting a gas saver '97 honda accord for $2000 with 111k miles. SHould I buy the honda and then save up for a GN or try to get loan/borrow cash and then buy a GN and save up for honda. If you were in my shoes what would you do?:confused:

go for the honda so u can get around to work & do stuff. it won't take that much longer to make back the 2k.

Take your time and save your money, I would pass on the GN for a DD.

Besides, inevitably your DD will get beat up, dented, scratched etc and you will be really pissed if that happens to be your GN :eek:

Pete

This is my view. Without a healthy reserve of cash and/or spare parts on hand, as well as being proficient mechanically with the idiosyncrasies of these cars I wouldn't trust a turbo regal as a daily driver. There are too many "little" things that cost "allot" that can and will go wrong to make it a reliable turn key car from day to day.

On the other hand...it's a buyer's market right now and there are some good deals to be had (just not where I'm at).

Agree with the guys above- take care of the DD first- parts for GN can be expensive and if you use it for DD you may be walking...

Its not what I really wanted to hear but I know its the best and smart thing to do right now as some mentioned. Where do yall see the price of a gn in the next couple of years???

If the wife would ever allow it I would have a carb turbo car for a driver. They're cheap, not worth much, and pretty basic for the most part. I found one, but I'm not allowed to have until I get my car finished:mad:

And the most important lesson about cars you will ever learn is......

"Don't hot rod your daily driver."

BTDT. I wound up selling my at the time, hot rodded daily driver and kick myself all the time for it. Hard lesson to learn I might add.
My advice, buy the Honda and save the money left over for a nice low to mid mileage $11,000 - $15,000 Turbo Buick.
You won't regret that move.

Patrick

Its not what I really wanted to hear but I know its the best and smart thing to do right now as some mentioned. Where do yall see the price of a gn in the next couple of years???

Bad medicine is always tough to take.

As for heading direction
I say a real good documented one will hold value
I say a really modded one the owner will lose some money

For the rest say they are on downswing & dropping. So even if you buy in 2 years. at 1 year from now could be LOW point and you catch it were it is currently today.

Suggestion Go with T-type or turbo T they seem to be real low.. I know :(

A few thoughts..

We had TR daily drivers for 15 years. I am mechanic and usually stay on top of things. Last 3 years or so I got another DD and let the wife DD her T. This spring finally took the last out of DD duty. Not a bad idea IMO and I still drive one of my 3 couple days a week. And on Sat nite date nite:biggrin:

I don't recomend it for DD see gordy's post.

Don't really see the car market getting any better for a while,prob gonna be a buyers market for a while. I have had a nice DD GN forsale for almost a yr and still have it. People are looking for a steel not a deal :)

I have had a nice DD GN forsale for almost a yr and still have it. People are looking for a steel not a deal :)

I know...thats the GN I want but just dont have enough mula...guess I'm going to have to wait for another GN to come along and get the honda for now...:frown:

If you find a good deal on a GN, go for it. You can always borrow a couple grand against it to buy a decent beater

Yup, toying with the idea of selling my GN for a down payment on a new Hemi Challenger. I have loved this car for the last 23 years, but, now I am thinking about the next 23 years. The Challenger would probably be more reliable and less work over the next 23 years.

What do you guys think about an '96 impala ss with 155k miles for $4000 or a milenia s supercharged with 96k miles for $5000??? Thoughts and opinions are appreciated guys!:cool:

If the wife would ever allow it I would have a carb turbo car for a driver. They're cheap, not worth much, and pretty basic for the most part. I found one, but I'm not allowed to have until I get my car finished:mad:

damn we just got dissed:biggrin:

What do you guys think about an '96 impala ss with 155k miles for $4000 or a milenia s supercharged with 96k miles for $5000??? Thoughts and opinions are appreciated guys!:cool:

impala insurance... forget it... go for honda accord. Mazda parts can be just as expensive as GN parts ive been told by mazda owners. You can get a CT buick, but "GOOD" parts for them are scarce and will require several trips to the junkyard for parts. Alot of the parts on my car were acquired from a day at pull-a-part.