Street Legal Drags Nov. 13th at Fontana

Buicksx3

Sure it leaks oil--so?
Just a quick note to let all the locals out there know that, if you want to get some speed out of you system, Nov. 13th is the date. This the usual fare, with the gate opening at noon. Thus far fellow board members Jason and Neal have committed to taking their Stage 2 cars out, followed by yours truly in his slow stock block. Come join us if you can!

Morgan

About time someone posted in this section!

Morgan I want to go! BUTTTTT I have a game, dammit. Well its the last one.

Goo dluck and i hope to get in touch with you in the next couple of weeks.

Your Neighbor
Phil

I'll be there to endure the 10 hours of boredom for the 36 seconds of fun.

did ya guys run?

there was a light rain at my house that morning. wondering if you guys still went. if so how did it go?

Best outing to CA speedway yet

Drewster,

We went. Like you said it was raining at my house in SD. I called Jason in Rialto and he said the weather was clear so we went for it. There were a ton of cars (400) but not all rice like most times. The actual cross section of cars was pretty cool including Impala SS's, Camaros, some 5.0's, some vintage 1960's-70's stuff and any kind of import s h i t box you could name.

Things amazingly well organized and myself and Morgan both got 3 runs each. My best was 10.34 @134 on a crappy 1.61 60 ft time. I waxed one of the quicker Hondas I've seen that ran high 10's on my 2nd pass. Needless to say the crowd was dejected. Morgan was able to run both his 1st and 2nd 10 sec. pass. His best was 10.86 @ 122 as I recall. Jason brought his dad's Limited so he helped with pit crew duties.

Too bad more Buicks didn't show up but there were about a half dozen anyway. I almost forgot to mention Frank came too with his TTA. I'm not sure what he ran though.

See ya there next time.

Neal

Thats awesome. I wish I could be there...

Like I said I had a game. We lost to CAl LU at their place in Thousand Oaks.

I played pretty well 13 tackles and 2 knocked down passes.

Now you need to update the website with the 10 second pass.

Phil

Hey Guys,

I had a great time and my thanks to Neal for his expertise and know-how in my (now successful) quest for membership in the 10 Second Club! ;)

Frank was running solid 12.10s at 110 in his TTA (he was in the first group of 50 cars and Neal and I were in the 2nd group of 50) and there was another '87 GN (Dennis? TK?) running 11.60s at 115 or so. The best part of the night was that Neal and I consistently lined up in the same lane right behind each other, so folks in the stands got to see a great Buick 1-2 punch (pow pow!).

Phil, it sounds like you had a killer game-- 13 tackles! :eek:

Until next time!
Morgan

Originally posted by Buicksx3
Hey Guys,

I had a great time and my thanks to Neal for his expertise and know-how in my (now successful) quest for membership in the 10 Second Club! ;)

Frank was running solid 12.10s at 110 in his TTA (he was in the first group of 50 cars and Neal and I were in the 2nd group of 50) and there was another '87 GN (Dennis? TK?) running 11.60s at 115 or so. The best part of the night was that Neal and I consistently lined up in the same lane right behind each other, so folks in the stands got to see a great Buick 1-2 punch (pow pow!).

Phil, it sounds like you had a killer game-- 13 tackles! :eek:

Until next time!
Morgan

Thanks for the .2 credit Morgan :D I had a couple of 12.3's one at 114 the other 116. Could have been quicker though if not for the mess of 2.1 60's:mad:

It was very cool to see a couple of driven to the track aerodynamically challenged grocery getters running 10's.
All the trailered glue sniffing small blocks and huge cube
big block boys were tucking tail when the night was over.;)