strange buzzing sound

Another check on the accumulator is go to an empty parking lot and go 20 or 30 and slam on the brakes as in a panic stop. If it is your accumulator you may find that when you do a panic stop it will feel like you stepped on a brick. Very hard pedal and no stop for a second or two before the brake pedal goes down and stop the car. This is also a good test for your heart, because if this happens your heart will stop in direct correlation to the time it takes to stop the car. You may also have to change your shorts.

Add some grease to the latch on the hood and it will pop up like it should. And while you are at it add a little grease to the round rubber bumper at the rear of the hood to eliminate that noise you hear when you hit a bump in cold weather. That noise does not come from the dash or the bottom of the windshield.

Update, almost exactly a year to the day, the buzzing PM gave up the ghost. Hint was the buzzing kept going way too long. If there was one good thing about the buzzing, it gave me a heads up something was wrong, instead of finding out at speed on a freeway. Pete at Kirbans was extremely helpful getting a replacement out. New one is very quiet and hopefully lasts longer than a year! I followed the same procedures down to the letter with both PMs, so I suspect the buzzing is a defect that will eventually end up in a broken unit.