Storm Trooper White Regals

turbohye

Nuclear Reactor
So, Ive made quite a bit of progress since I last posted. My car will be sprayed white again and Im very eager. The bodywork is done, new door, completely sealed and primered..all is left is sandblocking and getting her straight...in a few weeks it should be paint time. Question for all you White regals out there.. The GN's have that cool Darth Vador appeal, you know all black. Well, mine is white with the blackout trim and the all white "storm trooper" look seems like its cool with painted white bumpers and all but I just really dont care for the chrome bumpers anymore...Seems like its common for the car to be seen as a cutlass or a caprice when its white with chrome bumpers so i thought about the whole color matched white fiberglass bumper thing. I know its really about preference but do you think color matching a regal (thats not black) to be all one color like the GN's is tacky? All my black trim would remain black, I installed eiback lowering springs with great condition (4 front) GTAs and its clean.. car is all stock. Just starting to think the chrome takes away from the color balance.. Do any of you guys have pictures of ALL white regals? Value would decrease im sure if i ditch the chrome but please give me your thoughts..and pics would be great too.

Thanks in advance

found this picture through google...
i see they painted the bumper and left the black trim on. Do you think that the black trim kills the look?

Attachments

• all white regal.jpg
    all white regal.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 1,204
heres one with what i believe is a fiberglass front bumper and it looks very clean too. I would just not want to be in a collision with fiberglass. Clean though

Attachments

• 1987buickRegalTurbo.jpg
    1987buickRegalTurbo.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 838
Looks to be a steel bumper painted with the 2 small bumps removed surrounding the license plate.. decisions decisions...

Attachments

• 87whitettype1.jpg
    87whitettype1.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,198
based off the grill, i think this may be an 86 with glass bumpers..i could see where a chrome grill'd buick can pull off the chrome bumpers.

Attachments

• whitey.jpg
    whitey.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 845
thinkin this may be an actual GN painted white...looks like steel bumpers painted black (or kept powdercoated)...kinda cool actually because it blends in with the grill. Different but definately cool.

Attachments

• IMG_2267.jpg
    IMG_2267.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 841
gotta admit, its got a cool stance..and a hell of an offset.

Attachments

• just cool.jpg
    just cool.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 1,200
DO IT!!!! I was so going to call a White Regal, STORMTROOPER. I have thought they look like that for a long time. My GN is "The EXECUTIONER". I thought what else is more intimidating then the guy in the Black Hood with an AX!!! You got to do it. The only kicker is...you got to do the interior also. It wont do you any justice to leave the interior grey, or blue, or maroon, or tan. It needs to be the GN silver and black, black and white or even all black. I was leaning toward black and silver.

I was going to do the black carpet, custom black headliner, and custom black upper door panels. GN seats, GN dash, and maybe white gauges. Put STORMTROOPER on a set of blank headrest covers and get "EMPIRE" or "TROOPER" as your license plate.

PM me, I got a ton more ideas. I have considered this for years.

:biggrin:

DO IT!!!! I was so going to call a White Regal, STORMTROOPER. I have thought they look like that for a long time. My GN is "The EXECUTIONER". I thought what else is more intimidating then the guy in the Black Hood with an AX!!! You got to do it. The only kicker is...you got to do the interior also. It wont do you any justice to leave the interior grey, or blue, or maroon, or tan. It needs to be the GN silver and black, black and white or even all black. I was leaning toward black and silver.

I was going to do the black carpet, custom black headliner, and custom black upper door panels. GN seats, GN dash, and maybe white gauges. Put STORMTROOPER on a set of blank headrest covers and get "EMPIRE" or "TROOPER" as your license plate.

PM me, I got a ton more ideas. I have considered this for years.

:biggrin:

awesome. I actually ditched the old worn out burgundy carpet and installed black carpet in there. The burgundy on black looks so much better.. the ALL red look was overwhelming and too much for me. after having the car for 15 years now, im so much happier with black carpet.
Those are cool tag ideas man...thanks!

If I had a white turbo Buick I would do a painted steel bumper with the black trim, the black trim breaks up the white a little and gives it a real nice clean look. I saw one over at OTTO's Performance a few months back,done like that,and I was a little jealous, it definitely turned my head.

I would leave the black trim personally. But we all have our own tastes, and if you think it will look better all white, go for it! Being unique is always a good thing imho!

Good news to here Tony! White bumpers are cool,my wifes T is like that no Chrome just black trim with GTA's. It was like that when I bought it, Believe you saw it once when I lived at the beach.

They fixed all the rust? The right way? The floors pans too?

i would leave the black strip also... i think it looks good since they grille, and bezzells are black...but then again im just describing my car..:)

White is a sharp looking color on these cars, always liked the way they looked with the black out package.

white t

heres a not to good pic of mine.just changed the color from blue to white.painted the chrome bumpers,but i just bought a set of fiberglass bumpers too.i think i like the way the fiberglass ones look better.either way i'll have both.might just use the fiberglass bumpers for track days.

Attachments

• 2011-05-31_18-04-16_420.jpg
    2011-05-31_18-04-16_420.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 696