stop the FCC

V6DVette

aka Smitty
I just signed the petition for free speech at StopFCC.com and wanted to tell you about it. They are shooting for 1 million signatures and need all the support they can get.
Sign the petition now and support free speech: http://www.stopfcc.com

Whats next? Here?

I'm never gonna finish this car!:(

I don't find Stern, Bubba the love sponge, etc funny or entertaining, you know what I did? Changed the channel!

Speech is still free and always will be unless the 1st amendment gets repealed.

Airwaves are considered public domain thus regulated by the government (us citizens). I always encourage citizens to avail themselves to the democratic process by petition or a redress of greivances to their elected officials. However, at this point in time the majority of the American public wants the airwaves cleaned up after decades of decline, and I agree it's about time. When you're using airwaves accessable to 99.9% of the population with a radio you're now subject to regulation. Don't like it, no problem...then the show needs to move to satellite radio/TV. Until then the airwaves will always be regulated by the FCC and public opinion. It's the way of the world....may as well get used to it.

Re: Re: stop the FCC

Originally posted by smokin'6
If Bush stays in office, YES

Bush is going to stay in office, no worries about that. sorry.

Us "Radical, Right Wing Zealots" are more concerned about Government censorship than those that want to listen to Howard Stern playing "Whoreshoes" :rolleyes:

Democrats believe in government censorship AS MUCH as Republicans. It's an issue that crosses party lines.

But... by only bitching about the Republicans who favor censorship on moral and religious grounds deflects criticism from the Democrats that favor censorship due the government control aspects and polical favors it garners with the old Democrats (you know, the Democrats that actually go to the polls and vote)

The FCC is getting it's brains beat out by politicians from both political parties. Blaming Bush gives the Democrats a free pass... to stab you in the back.

Hey UNGN I think I could talk about a toilet seat and you could somehow intertwine bush and what great job hes doing. Give it a rest :rolleyes:

Actually UNGN would make a real good replacement show for Howard. ;)

Once he gets his contract lined up and signed for XM or Sirrius. :)

"Hey UNGN I think I could talk about a toilet seat and you could somehow intertwine bush and what great job hes doing. Give it a rest "

BWAHASHAHA

:p

Originally posted by salvageV6
Actually UNGN would make a real good replacement show for Howard. ;)

Once he gets his contract lined up and signed for XM or Sirrius. :)
I quit listening to Howard a year or so ago but now that I'm an XM subscriber I'd be very interested in hearing his show on satellite. I bet he'd be a friggen riot uncensored!

Originally posted by chevyII
Hey UNGN I think I could talk about a toilet seat and you could somehow intertwine bush and what great job hes doing. Give it a rest :rolleyes:

Don't be a Dumbass. Blaming Bush doesn't solve anyone's gripes with the FCC.

CONGRESS is putting the pressure on the FCC. If Clinton was President, he'd be doing the same thing. THE MAJORITY of people in the US (Republican AND DEMOCRAT) want the airwaves "cleaned up".

By blaming Bush, you give the Democrats a Free pass to vote WITH THE REPUBLICANS, because the Republicans will get the blame if there's a backlash.

If you really want to "Stop the FCC" tell your Congress person to "lay off the FCC".

Don't believe me? Bush hasn't Vetoed a Bill, yet. Hasn't had to. The Democrats vote for something, while Demonizing Bush for supporting it, too. If it goes good, they get credit, if there's a backlash, it's "Bush's Fault".

Look how many Democrat's voted for "no child left behind", the "Iraq war resolution" the "$87 Billion Dollars", the "Patriot Act", etc, etc ...

By blaming Bush, you are just screwing yourself and giving your congress person a free pass.

Originally posted by TT/A1233
I quit listening to Howard a year or so ago but now that I'm an XM subscriber I'd be very interested in hearing his show on satellite. I bet he'd be a friggen riot uncensored!

Unsensored?? not while clear channel owns 30% of the stock!

Originally posted by UNGN
Don't be a Dumbass. Blaming Bush doesn't solve anyone's gripes with the FCC.

CONGRESS is putting the pressure on the FCC. If Clinton was President, he'd be doing the same thing. THE MAJORITY of people in the US (Republican AND DEMOCRAT) want the airwaves "cleaned up".

By blaming Bush, you give the Democrats a Free pass to vote WITH THE REPUBLICANS, because the Republicans will get the blame if there's a backlash.

If you really want to "Stop the FCC" tell your Congress person to "lay off the FCC".

Don't believe me? Bush hasn't Vetoed a Bill, yet. Hasn't had to. The Democrats vote for something, while Demonizing Bush for supporting it, too. If it goes good, they get credit, if there's a backlash, it's "Bush's Fault".

Look how many Democrat's voted for "no child left behind", the "Iraq war resolution" the "$87 Billion Dollars", the "Patriot Act", etc, etc ...

By blaming Bush, you are just screwing yourself and giving your congress person a free pass.

Funny how the republicans, run by Bush and the religious right, OWN the congress

Originally posted by smokin'6
Funny how the republicans, run by Bush and the religious right, OWN the congress

The Committees that are beating up the FCC are about 50 - 50.

If Republicans OWN congress it still doesn't explain why Democrats are voting for the Republican bills.

I'm a fan of Stern's and several other radio shows that'd be affected by the FCC's rulings. However, the American public is FED UP with the trash on public airwaves. I say it's about time! I can't even listen to most radio shows in the morning with my kids in the car.

They (radio shows) have been "pushing the envelope" for a long time. They finally found America's breaking point and the backlash is gonna make for a rude awakening.

UNGN, you're doing a great job trying to educate some of these guys. Never rude or snide just putting the facts out there. Unfortunately, most Democrats work under the "Never let the facts get in the way of a good story" premise.

Don't buy the crap the Dems and their powerful media machine spit out for you. Read between the lines, read a book, study your government and make up your own mind.

Airwaves are considered public domain thus regulated by the government (us citizens). I always encourage citizens to avail themselves to the democratic process by petition or a redress of greivances to their elected officials. However, at this point in time the majority of the American public wants the airwaves cleaned up after decades of decline, and I agree it's about time. When you're using airwaves accessable to 99.9% of the population with a radio you're now subject to regulation. Don't like it, no problem...then the show needs to move to satellite radio/TV. Until then the airwaves will always be regulated by the FCC and public opinion. It's the way of the world....may as well get used to it.

Funny how you say the majority of people want the air waves cleaned up when you are talking about taking away the highest rated, most listned to radio program of all time by far. I think the people speak with ratings. The FCC says you can't say those certain 4 letter words, and they are all bleeped out. The problem is they want to deceide what is indecent and now fine EVERY radio station that airs it $500k, so if you have a show on 50 stations you will get fined 25 million dollars. I'd also like to know what qualifications Colin Powells son had to deserve that job.:rolleyes:

People have to wake up and see the conflict of interest and see how it is more than just Howard Stern and Bubba. Colin Powells son is in charge. Would it be fair to say that he ows something to the republican party and that he is a republican? Should someone like that be telling us what we can listen to on the air waves? What happens if Kerry wins and starts fining Rush Limbaugh and kicks him off the air? Are we going to ban Dr. Ruth from talking sex, or love lines now??