Stop the drone, HELP!?!

1BADT

TurboHolic
I am running 3" exhaust from the turbo to the tailpipes without converter. I can't handle the drone any longer. Who makes a quiet 3" offset, offset muffler if there is such a thing. Currently I am running a pair of Summit turbo mufflers. They sound great outside the car, but drone like mad inside. Any opinions on a muffler choice would be great, thanks.

Walker Ultraflows Are Quieter

Also, you can put an "H" connecting pipe between the 2 exhaust pipes just beyond the crossmember, & drone is practically eliminated.

Any competent exhaust shop can do this cure!

HTH

:)

drone is practically eliminated.

I had a T with a DynoMax system. The drone, in my opinion, was terrible. I bought my current GN and at the time one of the few things it needed was an exhaust system. I searched plenty of posts dealing with this same subject. I ended up putting a stock system back on. Having no drone is more important to me than the performance gains by the other systems available. Food for thought,. :) Drew

I have the ATR pitbull muffler on the TTA and have no drone, I rode in Hunters car (1457 I think) and I thought it was pretty bad. Don't know about the GN's and what works but I know it works on a TTA.

You might try changing just one of the mufflers so you get each muffler resonating at a different frequency.

Peter

The problem is with the "turbo"style mufflers. As many people have found out before, replacing them with a straight-through type (Hooker MaxFlo or Walker UltraFlow) will eliminate 99% of the drone. Downside is that it will be slightly louder outside. But quieter inside is more than worth it. HTH

Damn I just bought the summit turbo mufflers after reading posts that they eliminated the drone and now I hear they suck !! Oh well I find out when I put them on, for 15$ a piece maybe they will drone A Little Lesser than those damn dynomax super turbos :mad:

These are some great idea's. I may have to look into a straight through muffler... Also, would putting a CAT back on help a little? I am no longer worried about a performance loss, just want my ear drums to last a few more years.

I don't know how much will this help but you could try some undercoating on the body where the mufflers sits under the body.

I run a Random cat and 2 1/2 inch ATR system with Hooker Aerochamber mufflers. It is very quiet with no drone.

ATR 3" DP single shot, no cat, no muffler, NO DRONE!. Who cares how loud it is on the outside. Hell vent the wastegate atmosphere too:D