Stolen License Plates

Jack Evers

Yesterday, while cleaning my truck I noticed something seemed different about my license plate. I don't have my license numbers committed to memory so I checked my registration and it turns out some scumbag stole my plates and replaced them with another set of plates off a stolen car. Hell, I'd have been face down in the gravel if some cop would have pulled me over on a routine traffic charge and ran those plates.

I had no idea how big a problem this really is here in Phoenix. The officer that came to my home to retrieve the stolen plate and write up a report told me many cases reported daily.

He suggested that my replacement plates be affixed with security screws of some kind. The two straight slot screws I had in my plate could be backed out with any screw driver or even a dime.

I went the square slot screws that I got at Ace Hardware for $0.20 each. Not many thieves carry the proper tools to get these out. Hell for the hastle of replacing stolen plates, the $0.40 investment is worthwhile.

http://a0.cpimg.com/image/72/1C/27483250-a717-02000180-.jpg

Wow, think of the alternative to that senerio, could have been talking to the officer about a stolen dodge ram!

i find theives truly pathetic. maybe its the fact that i grew up with a strong work ethic, but you would think if they applied them selves to a ledgit they would be succesful in some respect of life?

anyway glad to see you still have your rig! some one broke my steering column last week! bastids!

Dathan

Wow it is like the Wild Wild West out there! :D

Unfortunatly the theives will catch on..

Maybe Jack should invent SEALED Plate holders & sell em on EBAY & make a MILLION!

It's called red LocTite Jack...

Not too many thieves carry a torch with 'em. :D

Plus most aren't expecting a bolt to be on the backside either, just a few quick thoughts on how to prevent this.

You know me, the more rediculous the better... ;)

Originally posted by WakkoSS
I welded my licese plate to my rear bumper. Bastards stole the whole bumper!

Ian - what you confiscate is supposed to go to the EVIDENCE ROOM! :)

That keg I confiscated two weeks ago DID go to the evidence room...the next day slightly lighter than it was earlier. :)