Stolen GN in Wyandotte (Detroit)

Jebadias

My 1986 Grand National was stolen tonight out of my parking lot. The car is pretty easy to spot right now. The paint on the hood, roof and trunk is pretty worn. Non stock interior out of an '89 LeSabre T-Type, Digital Dash, T-Tops, Autometer "Cobalt" gages in dual A-Pillar pod and dual pod above mirror (4 total), "GNX" Style rims with the original rims in the trunk, and missing 3.8 SFI Turbo badge on hood. VIN # 1G4GK4770GP439117.

This car was my presant to myself after my 2002 recall to active duty. I had wanted one since high school and finally was able to afford it. Another recall and a heavy work schedule kept me from driving it much. Three years saw only 2500 miles on it, and I think 900 of them were the drive home from Iowa. This was the summer I was finally going to be able to have some fun with it.

I had insurance on it, but now I hope that they will give me a fair price for it. So much for my weekend.

I sure hope you get it back. I know what your going through. I will say a prayer for you. When mine got stolen I was just sick. I did not have full coverage on it then and it was a total loss. Got it back but has a ton of issues to contend with. Hang in there, Kevin

Thanks Kevin, I appreciate it. It's only been a few days so I hope that maybe it was just some punk looking for a joy ride. I guess we'll see, Jeff

Kevin I hope you find that car. I lost one too. An 87.GOD hte insurance company must have been working with a private buyer.

Because 2 days after I settle. I get a call from a guy who wants to sell me car back. With his work and parts. I tried to trace him down no luck.

Keep well, don't settle till you are sure of what the insurance amount is.
Providing you don't find it. It took me a month. To find the car.

Bronx New York. Had 20,000 miles more on it.....