Stocking Stuffer & gift ideas for kids?

gordyzx9r

I'm drawing a blank...need some ideas for stocking stuffers and gifts for kids ages 6 (boy) and 9 (girl).

Picked them up an x-box 360 with the kinnect bundle.

My daughter wants a digital keyboard to practice her piano lessons on.

Got them both 26" flat screen HD/LCD/DVD combos for their rooms to replace their old school TV/VCR/DVD combos (and free up some space in their rooms).

Would like to get my son a slot car race set, but I can't find any that look like they'll last for more than a day. Other than that, he's easy...Hot Wheels (he loves those new wall mounted Hot Wheels tracks), Legos, Army Men/Tanks/Helicopters/Jets etc...

My daughter on the other hand is a royal PITA to shop for...she's never been big into dolls, fake kitchens, hair dressing and that kind of stuff. She's always liked electronics, had allot of fun with this huge electronic science DIY kit we bought her, digital gadgets (cameras, iPod, iPhone...), and she really likes that Spy Gear stuff. She has this little RC tank with video/audio surveillance that is actually pretty cool.

Board games seem to be hit or miss...they love games like Blockus, Labrynth, Destruction 3 and Mousetrap. 9 year old likes Monopoly the 6 year old doesn't have the patience for it yet...he needs action to keep him in the game.

Frisby, Nerf Football, Soccer ball, something to get the kids outdoors or active would be some decent choices. HTH. John.

I have three boys so we all do Nerf wars with the Nerf guns. ;)

That was my childhood :D. However, Nerf guns do come back when they are teenagers.. Especially with the swords and battle axes. Ask me how I know :D.