Stock Unported Exhaust Elbow, how restrictive?

johnnyttype

Hey guys, just wondering how restrictive this exhaust elbow really is? I keep reading more and more lately that it is really restrictive!

How much could this be hurting my car? Power/ET's or whatever else it could hurt:smile:

Thanks
John

I would get a new 3'' dp for it. Not sure how restrictive it is but it does have a pretty sharp angle to turn when it exits the turbo.

Here are some pictures of stock vs. a TurboMike ported housing with larger puck installed.

I plan on trying it on the next TR I build, in a few years.

He did nice work on those housings and with the puck install. :cool:

stockhousingfronthole2.jpg

StockHousingDownpipe.jpg

PortedHousingFrontHole2.jpg

PortedHousingDownpipe.jpg

Hey guys, just wondering how restrictive this exhaust elbow really is? I keep reading more and more lately that it is really restrictive!

How much could this be hurting my car? Power/ET's or whatever else it could hurt:smile:

Thanks
John
with a stock car it is a very noticable upgrade. with yours i would say it is long overdue. you should be lowwww 11's with your setup i would say you would pick up 4 tenths and 4 mph.

with a stock car it is a very noticable upgrade. with yours i would say it is long overdue. you should be lowwww 11's with your setup i would say you would pick up 4 tenths and 4 mph.

id be low 11's probably if i put a sticky tire on the car, 1.9 60ft., but i dont really wanna stress my mostly stock tranny too much since i do daily drive it:) when i finish college i'll probably try some porting on the elbow just to see what it does but eventually i will have a nice dp on my car:)

id be low 11's probably if i put a sticky tire on the car, 1.9 60ft., but i dont really wanna stress my mostly stock tranny too much since i do daily drive it:) when i finish college i'll probably try some porting on the elbow just to see what it does but eventually i will have a nice dp on my car:)

then i would buy a 3 inch thdp and lower the boost to 18 and be where you are at now and it would be easier on your motor boost wise. at 18 psi and a pipe you would be around 11.70ish