stock turbo to TA33C upgrade

6pk2go

I lost my turbo yesterday and would like to upgrade it to a TA 33C. What if any are the disadvantages? Can some one recommend a shop to do the upgrade on my unit preferably in LA area.

I had John Craig rebuild mine to a ta33. It works great and moves about twice as much air I believe. John is in Arizona, I think. He has a great reputation and good turn around. It will probably be about $800.

welp i had my turbo modified to a t33c turbo about 3 months ago

i went through Limit Engineering in Arizona

reasearch there name in the forum or look up there telephone under vendors on www.gnttpe.org
Ask for John Craig

alot of people upgrade to this turbo, i think they are very popular among the turbo buick community

advantages = blows 700 cfm compared to the 350 cfm stocker
works well with the stock torque converter
uses all your stock hardware and accesories, no need to cut or modify anything !!!
gives you roughly 35-50 HP more
probally would have your turbo back in a week and a half, maybe less,

the only disadvantage is it'd probli set you back about $750 dollars

well i am not saying these are the only guys out there , but they do awesome work and that turbo impressed me
i think i do have some pics of mine when it came back

ill send ya 1 or 2 if your curious
lemme know

brian
;)

Yeah I just got mine back from john 2 weeks ago. It's a great upgrade and it will sound like you actually have a real turbo to. I'am only running 6psi right just working out problems and it feels like 15psi on my stocker.

Burnout

I agree Limit is the way to go. I did want to point out that Turbonetics is near you but it's well worth the wait for John to do it.

Another vote for John Craig.

Great warranty service too - ask me how I know !

;)