Stock theft deterrernt system

russgill

My '87's stock deterrernt system is operational, I also have a after market unit. The security light on the stock system stays on all the time and is draining the battery. What is the best way to disconnect the stock system so the light is off and I don't screw up anything else?

Thanks

That is on the list for tomorrow, but heard you can remove the security module too. Would like to do that, don't need 2 systems. Will removing the light deactivate the syetem?

Thanks

Had to revive this post, I couldn't find the info I needed else where. My dad's car is having the same problem, security light is always flashing and draining the battery. How do you diconnect the factory alarm system?

Thanks

You can just pull the security bulb to solve that problem with draining the battery. If you want to know about the alarm send me a PM.

The light won't stop flashing. I don't really want to pull the bulb. Would rather find out the problem and fix it. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Check your trunk sensor, located attached to the trunk key access.... sometimes, the soft metal breaks, and the system will not activate....thus the blinking light..

ill check that but i found that after i use the power locks to lock the car the "security" light stays solid and if i shake the car the alarm will go off making me believe that all of those sensors are working right since the alarm is activating.

Shaking the car doesn't normally activate the factory alarm, however a broken or loose wire or tamper switch mechanism will cause those problems.

It's either in the door switches or the trunk switch area.

how does the alarm go off after its activated? the only way i can get it to go off is shaking the car. what does the trunk switch mechanism look like? the door one is the pin at the bottom of the A piller right?

If you remove the trunk lock clyinder, it is attached to the lock clylnder...According the the manual, looks like you have a sensor out....
Like the others, factory alarm does not have a motion sensor...

alarm

just thought i would add my 02 cents i have some knowledge on this. 1st you may check with the place that installed the alarm and make sure they didn't piggy back into a wire that is causing this problem. pins go out as well as sensors so try those also as stated previously. i don't know about pulling the factory unless this is going to be a family heirloom because it may bring the value down to a hard core buick fan. just unplugging the lite won't work in my 02, since these take about as much power as a LCD clock i wouldn't worry too much about it. just make sure the tech who installed it didn't pinch a wire that is causing the problem. hope this helps or gives you alittle more input from a former installer.