stock t what do i do first

jim406

i have a stock 87 t turbo i just purchased i had a new one in 87 there wasnt too much available but now there is alot what kind of upgrades [bolt ons under 1000$] would wake this thing up thanks
jimmy

FP hotwire kit ~$55 from racetronix.com
Adj. FP regulater ~$100 depending on who you get it from
Adj. WG actuator can be free mod or ~$60 if purchased
Walboro 340 or 307 intank fuel pump ~$120
Duttweiler IC neck ~$60
36lb. Bluetop injectors w/ good street and race chips ~$350
Rear pass. side airbag ~$40
Nitto or BFG drag radials ~$300

I was tired first time I wrote this, please excuse...

GUT CAT! or get a test pipe and a cutout for use @ the strip.
And yes, as already replied, must have a good SCANTOOL and aftermarket analog Boost guage (Autometer or VDO).

TUNE!

Good Luck.

John

BTW, all that should be good for 12.30's - 13.00 @ 106-110 mph depending on how you tune and 60'. This is also assuming there are no problems already existing with the car.

Congrats on the purchase!!! Most importantly get a scantool, scanmaster 2 or TurboLink are popular for us beginners! GoodLuck, Mike:D

Utilize the valuable archive feature of this websight. It's a great way to learn about potential issues you may face, as well as future mods for you're car.
Big on the Scantool idea also-great suggestion.

a thank you

thanks to all that gave me the info will most likely do them all also in 87 when i had my t type i just had a bleeder valve and an old eastern performance chip and i was going mid 13s but in 1987 that was fast .. also i ended up putting a 75 shot of juice ging into mid 12s ..eventualy i put a turbo 400 390 gears than the car got stolen ..but anyway want to try it again and see how fast it can go whithin my budget and without going into engine also what is the scan tool your talking about i have a snap on scanner that reads data.. thank you
jimmy

what is scanmaster or turbo link

i keep hearing of scanmaster and turbo link what do they do i have a snap on scanner that lets me read all engine electrical sensors do scanmaster and turbo link let you adjust????

thanks
jimmy

Re: what is scanmaster or turbo link

Originally posted by jim406
i keep hearing of scanmaster and turbo link what do they do i have a snap on scanner that lets me read all engine electrical sensors do scanmaster and turbo link let you adjust????

thanks
jimmy

No changes can be made with these tools... other than clearing stored codes. What they do is play the events of the sensors at around one "frame" per second.

http://www.turbo-link.com

Place and order for V4.0 it is the best tool with the best technical support. But, you will need a lap top. I have over $1000 Canadian tied up in my TurboLink setup (all of the bells and whistles) and it is amazing. You can review your passes at the track, and make adjustments (manually)... and it has warning devices if things fall out of spec (kinda like the fast and the furious).

PS, you don't need NAWZ on these things any longer. Stick with the 200-4R and the 3.42s and you'll be laughing into the 11s... in time.