Stock springs the truth

xcessiv6

Boom Tube
Many of you might not know this is but Buick used various springs in 86 and early 87's turbo cars on production. My car was an early 85 production Oct. It sat at least an inch lower than later units on the lot. Unfortunitly my car spent alot of time in the shop ie: pwr sterring problems and I got to know the Service and Sales Manager well. One day while I was there ,the Buick service rep was there and the service manger and I went out to show him my car and the first thing he noticed was how my car sat. We measured it and than measured a couple of Gn anf Ttpe's they had on the lot and they were all alittle different but my car sat a good 1" lower than all them. I do know they had all the same part number and the units made in 871/2 used the Monte SS springs because that was the last run of the Gbodies. My stock springs sit underneath a TSM car now. Just thought I would share this info.

I always thought the 86 GN looked like it sat lower than the 87's. How do you tell when your car was built? Is there a way to narrow it down to a month?

There is a date on the inside of the drivers door with the date on it and the date might be on the RPO sticker on the trunck deck

They had the same part number, but were made different. You cannot get them now

When I go to car shows the 87 GN guys aways ask if I have lowered my car but I never have its all stock.

There is a date on the inside of the drivers door with the date on it and the date might be on the RPO sticker on the trunck deck

There is actually a date on the trim tag on the cowl. It lists the month and week of build. Turbofish38 did a post on it on here somewhere. Also if you find and interior broadcast sheet, the date will be there.
I like the way the 86's sat a little bit lower. Mine is a little lower now with some Hotchkiss springs that were cut a little.

btw, Xcessiv, I love the way your car sits and the overall look of it. I consider it a goal of mine to sit like yours one day. You have coilovers correct?