Stock Spindle or S-10 Spindle

Donald McMullin

As I understand the S-10 Spindle can replace the stock G-Body spindle so long as you use the larger S-10 wheel bearings. If this is correct I have the following questions:

(1) To use the larger S-10 wheel bearings do the stock hubs have to be replaced with S-10 hubs??

(2) Does anyone have specifications for stock vs S-10 wheel bearings. I am looking for bearing dimensions, basic Dynamic Load Rating, approximate speed limit of bearing.

I am building my WE4 for open road racing so these issues are important for sustained high speeds.

Any information will be appreciated.

Deep Enough

Donald McMullin

Go with the 12" front brake conversion.
There are a million threads on it, and a how to at the GNTtype site.
Other then the upper A-Arms, all oem parts.
You will have a bump steer problem, but with the front rate springs you'll be running it's really not much of an issue.

Bruce, thanks for the comments. I always look forward to your comments about WB02's and most recently your viewing of the DS files.

I have looked at B-Spindle option, but for my requirements I am going to stick with metric spindles. Bump steer is a problem plus other issues with the B-Spindles. I have followed the posts on this BB regarding this subject.

I have modeled the stock suspension and feel I can gain the camber gain, role center I need while minimizing the bump steer in portion of the suspension travel I require.

Plus I am working on reducing some of the caster gain/anti dive in the front.

I know it would be easier to install the B-spindles, but I am not convinced that I would have as good a setup.

Plus, a class I would like to drag race in this next year EFI Challenge require stock upper control arms.

Deep Enough

Donald McMullin