stock RPM and boost gauges

Boostwizzard

Life under pressure
So I got a little problem that I would like to finally resolve, my 86 GN stock digital tac and boost gauges dont work 99% of the time. I've had the car 3 years and maybe seen it work a handfull of times. today i took the dash cluster apart and cleaned everything, etc. I didnt remove the tac and boost gauges as I didnt know what i was getting into, but see that its 3 small elect boards stacked with chips. The weird part, is that one or two of the green lights come on or flicker when i turn the head lights on. also, sometimes when i start the car, all of the lights on one or both of the gauges comes on for a while then go off. :confused: :confused: :confused: weird, and, like i said, once in a great while, it works, but not for long. Has anyone else had this problem? please reply if anyone had such an experience and what was done. It seems that there might be some kind of interference with other switches? I welcome ALL comments.
Thanks

Of course.... Caspers... I've bought lots from Caspers, Duh:tongue: , I appreciate the info, i will read up on it and give him a shout. Its just the little things with these cars, even though i have an autometer boost gauge.....the damn factory stuff just needs to work, I dont care for a reason to why...it just cool if it does....LOL:biggrin:
Thanks again:D :D