Stock Oil Cooler Pics Needed

Terbro

Has Member
Need a quick smidge o' help please. My TR didn't have the stock oil cooler on it when I bought it, and I've since acquired the parts to install it (along with a biggie filter adaptor ;)). I'm hoping someone can take some pics so I can see which lines connect to the cooler and to the proper holes on the radiator.

I just want to be sure I connect the lines exactly as factory...so if you take pics, please have it so I can see at least one cooler line connecting to the oil cooler and also to the radiator.

P.S. I've already been through the debate as to whether the oil cooler is needed, and the risk of connecting to an unknown radiator (had a new HE core installed with good tanks). I've made my decision, so no need to try and talk me out of it. It's time for an oil change, so I'll be doing the install, and then immediately changing the oil after running it a couple miles.

Many thanks, Terry

Well, being that no one posted any pics, I searched some old pics. It wasn't clear, but I think I got it right. If someone could confirm this, based on my install pic attached, that'd be good. Basically, if the cooler is mounted so the lines are like ears, the right ear goes to the top hole on the radiator.

Yes, you'll notice a make-shift gasket (old oil filter gasket) to suffice until the o-ring comes in from Highwaystars.

Attachments

• Oil Cooler-lr 022016.jpg
    Oil Cooler-lr 022016.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 336
i would avoid using the oil cooler. If the cars motor was blown and rebuilt there could be a lot of trash stuck in the cooler itself. unless you had the radiator and coolers professionally cleaned i wouldn't use it. what ever trash is in there you will be sending right back into your motor.

As mentioned above be very cautious when using the factory oil cooler. Bearing trash and other metal filings will accumulate in the copper bends and can take out your motor. Best to put brand new tubes in there.