Stock MAF?

Negative, the HOTAIR MAF is the same in construction as the intercooled cars. They both have 2 screens. pop out the plastic ring and you will havve 2 screens under it. The ring will come out. It might be hard as hell to get out but its the same as the intercooled cars

I had to snap a close-up to see it, but I can see separate pieces now. Still can't figure out how to get things out and apart without destroying anything, but it's progress. Thanks to everyone who responded to my confused posts.

I was going to post the pic I took, but can't figure out how to do that either. Used to be easy.

Still not sure if it has two screens or one.

Alright, I finally got this to work .... does it look like one or two screens? Looks like one to me.

DSC00609-1.jpg

DSC00609-1.jpg

Hmmm... That looks a lot different than my '87. Your pic looks like an actual screen. The ones I've handled aren't really screens, they have more depth to them. I recall them looking more like honey comb.

If that is the only screen in there, you should probably leave it alone. You need to bounce this question off a Hot Air guru & see what they have to say.

~JM~

Mine would look more like a (crude) honeycomb with a second layer underneath.

Removing one layer does nothing for air flow volume, all it can do is disrupt sampling a little bit.