stock J/E pistons

NC87GN

johnny boost
A buddy of mine has a low mileage (10K miles) standard block for the 87GN. The block is immacualte and needs no work. He would like to use J/E' pistons. I called JEGS and they said they have J/E pistons for a standard bore size for the 87 block. I copied and pasted JEGS listing below...

Buick 3.8 V6 Dish Top
Compatible with turbo, nitrous and supercharged applications. JE 51S wristpins (137g) and double spiral locks included. 1/16, 1/16, 3/16'' ring grooves.
Specs: Dome vol. -29.5cc, 521 grams, Stock compression ratio, 1.850'' C/H, 5.960'' Rod, 3.400'' Stroke. 6/pkg

Are their any concerns ordering these stock replacement J/E pistons for a standard bore motor? TIA!

Mike Banas
87GN

Just the price.

They are lighter than the stock pistons so you will need the rotating assembly balanced.

If you take them 10k mile stockers out I'll take em :)

for real let me know if ya wanna get rid of them

I could have done the same thing because my block was a good standard bore. The only reason I bought the JE's was because i wanted a good round bore that was done with deck(torque) plates. My advise would be to get the smallest oversize available (.020) and have the block bored by a competant machine shop. You will still have some meat in the cylinders in case you need it, and believe me, a good round bore with deck plates will give you more in return than just throwing in a set good pistons.