stock Hotair and v2 intake users i need your help

85 ttypewh1

fire fighter
I have a v2 intake with stock fuel rail and stock h/a turbo and have 1/2 inch clearance between comp housing and v2 intake and a little less between comp housing and fuel rail. I want to run a te44 but dont think it will fit with the stock fuel rail. I bought my v2 setup in peices and dont know if the kit required a modified fuel rail or if it was designed to use the stock fuel rail. Please list your turbo size with stock fuel rail regaurdless of intake used. Thanks
Greg

It has been quite awhile since anyone has worked or seen a V2. There was a member here (DennisTNX) had a highly modded V2 with a TE44 or maybe a TA54. It was a hoss! I believe he got deep in the mid 11's. As far a fuel rail, he was using the stock fuel rail. Your best bet would be to do a search on DennisTNX or Turbomotion.

Chuck

The V2 kits were designed to use the stock fuel rail. Im stepping up to a TE 62 turbo and going to try to get it to fit using the stock fuel rail. I will get some pics up soon.

Matt

Matto what are you running now. So would a 44 or 49 fit, looking at the pics of turbos on ttype.org the stock i/c turbo seems to be a 1/2 taller in compressor housing so is a 49 and 44 comp housing the same size as a stock i/c one.

This post is not just for the v2 intakes, even if you are still running the stock h/a intake and have put a bigger turbo on with the stock fuel rail let me know what size.
Thanks
Greg

I know a TA series turbo will fit with stock housings. Im just wondering if this TE series will fit as well since its a little bit bigger. If not I will find a TA model 61mm or so.

With the V2 kit, you will not gain any clearance. What Im thinking of doing is running an 87 passenger header and getting some custom tubing bent for the IC and the TB hookup, so turbo size will not be an issue, and possibly flow a little better.

For good gains, I would consider a TA 49 turbo. With the right mods, your hotair could really be fast. I think there are a few guys that got deep into the 12s with a hotair w a 49, not sure though.

Matt