Stock height ride

moyersgn

Car sits too low for my liking. What could be done to get to stock ride height.
20170129_160540.jpg

Most would say lower the front to match.
www.kirbanperformance.com has some replacement springs.
IMG_3625.PNG

Or I have some ultra low mile OEM take offs from my '86 GN. It has been said that the '86's sat a little lower than the '87's, fwiw.
PM sent

Yes, recall hearing a 86 and 87 had different part numbers for springs, although I never verified that. Every stock 86 will sit a bit lower, front and back, compared to a 87, remember that right back to when these cars were new.

Last edited:
Another option: If you wanna spend some money, rear coil overs would also do the trick! (Bonus is that fine tuning ride height would be infinitely adjustable). QA-1, Viking brand are readily available, you may even be able to find a used set for some $avings.

Mine used to sit like that when it was on the stock springs. I put the CC651 cargo coils in the back and the 5660 coils in the front and it *almost* leveled it out.

I didn't get it completely level until I put taller lower ball joints in the front.

If you ask me the Front is sitting too high. I would look into lowering the front about an inch and then see how it looks. Otherwise Air bags in the rear is the easiest way to raise it exactly where you want it..