stock gt with a supercharger

chrisob

I was wondering how realistic would it be for me to but a supercharger on my stock grand prix gt? the supercharger would come from a grand prix gtp that is around the same year. I need to know which things i would have to change for the supercharger to be accepted on my car? any ideas would be great!

I was wondering how realistic would it be for me to but a supercharger on my stock grand prix gt? the supercharger would come from a grand prix gtp that is around the same year. I need to know which things i would have to change for the supercharger to be accepted on my car? any ideas would be great!

If Im not mistaken your GT has a weaker tranny that the GTP. But to answer your question I believe you would have to change out the lower intake manifold also and you would have to re-route your vacuum lines. Also you would have to get a different crank pully to run the s/c belt. And replace your ecm..... thats the only thing that comes to mind immediatly but Im sure there is a lot more.

Hey thanks for the info i think i might just trade off my gt for a gtp it would make things a bit easier.

Well depending on where you live, you may or may not have to deal with smog issues and registration. Also this kit doesnt address the weaker trans and you will not have all the other features a gtp has (performance shift, hud, ect ect) plus you will still have to modify ecm, and Im sure you will run into some other problems also. With the stock GT engine running at a higher compression ratio, you may also damage the pistons/engine easier when you try to boost more pressure. Ive seen people crack there pistons on a GTP (which I believe are stronger than the stock GT's) so thats something else to think about.

But it is another option for you. Good luck with whatever you decide.