Stock ECM upgrade?

i thought i was having a problem with my stock ecm, so i swapped it out with my buddys reworked ecm that is setup for 72's. i have 009's with 100 oct. race chip and alky,and wondering if i should leave the reworked ecm in?? i haven't noticed any problems. t/link numbers all look good. car runs 11.50 - 11.80's i ran this 72's ecm all last summer. thanks, ron turch

Interesting!

So, you're running high-impedance injectors with a low-impedance ECM...from your description, it sure doesn't appear to have hurt!

But, I pass this Q on to those more familiar with making magic dust with the factory ECM...any longer term effects from his combo?

:confused:

Originally posted by turch
i thought i was having a problem with my stock ecm, so i swapped it out with my buddys reworked ecm that is setup for 72's. i have 009's with 100 oct. race chip and alky,and wondering if i should leave the reworked ecm in?? i haven't noticed any problems. t/link numbers all look good. car runs 11.50 - 11.80's i ran this 72's ecm all last summer. thanks, ron turch

It'll be fine; I don't think the high impedance injectors will draw enough to even trigger the hold current. Sounds like you have a patient buddy!

kendall, thanks for the quick reply.... my buddy doesn't need his ecm anymore.... he has changed to speed pro..... ron turch