Stock Downpipe rattling

mc71454

It seems my stock downpipe is hitting the frame and or control arm. Very little clearance in there. HAs anyone else experienced this, just seems it should fit fine being original.

Will try to get a picture of it..

That passenger side is probably flattened. Replace them both. Check your upper control arm bushings while you're in there.

That passenger side is probably flattened. Replace them both. Check your upper control arm bushings while you're in there.

Thanks, Any specific motor mounts ? Energy suspension ? factory? moog ?, NAPA?. I use the energy suspension type on my Big Block Chevy's on the passenger side and a solid on the drivers side. Doesn't seem I need to go to that extreme with this stock setup.

Thanks in advance...

Tom

The only after market motor mounts made for our cars it the HR parts and stuff ones. Other than that the stock replacements are the only option.

Just my experience. I replaced motor mounts this winter with stock replacement. I was glad I did this when I realized how far my motor had "sunk" in the old motor mounts. However, after I hooked up a new 3" downpipe I'm still getting frame contact (at WOT) largely because the stock replacement motor mounts are very spongy. I'm replacing them with HR mounts soon. They are a lot of money but that's a job you only want to do once.

Just my experience. I replaced motor mounts this winter with stock replacement. I was glad I did this when I realized how far my motor had "sunk" in the old motor mounts. However, after I hooked up a new 3" downpipe I'm still getting frame contact (at WOT) largely because the stock replacement motor mounts are very spongy. I'm replacing them with HR mounts soon. They are a lot of money but that's a job you only want to do once.

Great info, I was just checking on the availability, wow $250 for motor mounts, see your point on the do it once. right now car is stock and likely will stay that way, as I have my chevys to mess around with. is it a difficult job to replace the mounts? real easy in my other cars (can do blindfolded). Will have to borrow a lift to get this done.

On the Motor mounts... I see the HR Parts n stuff and I see typical parts store replacement. I also see motor mounts from a few notable suppliers that seem to fit in the middle of the price range between HR and Auto parts store. any original GM's out there?. With my car likely to remain stock don't see the need for the expense of the HR parts, would rather spend that on a scanmaster.

any suggestions much appreciated.

Thanks !

Tom