Stock Air cleaner

rastaz

aka 80's Rob
Do any of you TTA guys have an underhood picture showing what the stock air cleaner assembly looks like? The car I'm trying to buy has a 9" K&N in it and I want to make sure I get all the original pieces with it.

TIA

I, too, am looking for the stock air box. I was told the TTA one sucks air from the DS fender, not from the front of the car, so the top of the box is different on the TTA than on the GN. The bottoms are the same, I was told. Anybody want to shed some more light on this? Does anybody have the TTA box, if indeed they are different?

My stock air box has the opening facing the outside fender. There is a hole in the sheet metal there to allow air from under the fender direct passage to the airbox intake. I don' t have a GN box to compare it to. HTH

The air boxes in the TTA and TR are exactly the same box, its just that the MAF bracket is spot welded on the TTA box in a different position. I just looked at both of mine side by side.
The intake opening on the TR points directly forward at the bumber instead of to the fender.

Since I don't care about my GN original parts (but I do for the TTA) I took the bottom of the TR box and cut out the entire side that faces the fender opening and put it on the TTA, so now it gets plently of air and the MAF easily reaches 255 a lot quicker than it did before with the stock box, so that's proof to me that it worked by looking at the Direct Scan numbers vs. time. ...and it still looks 100% stock from above :)