Stock 84 GN underhood wiring

Jim Mallery

1984 GN Stock Novice
I am a complete novice and enjoy this car because I fell in love with it shortly after they started rolling off the assembly line. All stock and no racing. The car has been stored most of the last 25 years. It runs fine, not great. I am noticing a handful of wire connections disconnected under the hood. I connected what I thought was an obvious one and with the car off I could hear what sounded like the fuel pump run. I quickly disconnected it. Any ideas on this one and suggestions? Thank you. 0814151204A.jpg

And not knowing what this is...located passenger side near firewall. One connection is broken off. IMG_2010A.jpg

Green connector is a tach lead .. and the vac line on the bottom is your hvac supply line cracked off the tank most likely... the first pic I don't know.

Got any more pics of the whole car, not too many hot airs out there that were stored for the better half of their lives.

The black wire with orange stripe on first pic is what I think goes to under hood light bulb.

There are several connectors under the hood that are used only for diagnosis purposes. Two behind cool pack. 1 fuel pump prime 2 tachometer lead. On passenger side near relays there will be either a 3 wire plug or 2 wire plug not used. This depends on which instrument cluster. And a plug on the driver side near the bulkhead connector I believe was for the cars equipped with the auto leveling suspension