Stk RPM connector void with Fast install?

Larry

There is a RPM connector near the front of the Drivers side valve cover. Im am trying to use the RPM signal from that to run a MSD RPM limit switch to turn on a lite on the dash at a set RPM. The People at MSD are no help other than to say I need to convert the power from that connector to 12v. I called John at Caspers. He sent me the conversion that goes between this connector and the MSD unit. The lite on the dash is good, but- it still does not go on at any RPM selected. With installing the FAST sys , does that kill any signal to that connector?? Thanks Larry

I think that signal comes from the coil module, so it should not be affected by a FAST install. Have you pulled it up to 12v?

TurboTR

TurboTR said:
I think that signal comes from the coil module, so it should not be affected by a FAST install. Have you pulled it up to 12v?

TurboTR

Todd is correct. That wire comes out of the coil pack and splits. One end is at the test connector behind the alternator and the other end goes through the C-100 connector (under wiper motor) to to the factory dash I'm not postive, but I believe that is a 5 volt square wave signal

You've probably figured it out by now Larry, on SOME Buicks we have wired aftermarket shift lights in there has been an issue with the tach lead not being able to supply a strong enough signal to operate a tach AND a shift light. I have found that the tach would always work but the shift light wouldn't, if you disconnected the tach, the shift light WOULD work. There are 2 solutions, install an MSD ignition and plug one directly into that OR you can buy a tach adapter from MSD that will amplify the signal and allow both pieces to work.