Starts hard...then revs high?????

REGALTURBO

I Am The Master..Master..
Funny thing has been happening. This is the third time that this actually happened to me recently. When I shut the car off and attempt start it back up relatively soon, it starts really hard. Seems like it is flooded. Barely runs, like it is on 3 cylinders, and then revs to 3 grand and stays there. I`m not sure how long it will actually run this way because I shut it off pretty quick.
Then I will just start it right back up and its fine. I just know its not normal.

Only thing I`ve done to the car this year is this....I installed a new Walbro 340 fuel pump and also a new fuel tank. Installed Razors Alky system. Still tuning and working it out. And obviously switched to a TT alky chip.

Today I put on a hood mounted fuel gauge do double check pressure. Set at 42lbs line off and monitor driving, WOT pressure. Staying around 37-38lbs. Is this normal?

The only other thing I`m noticing is it may be happening after I make a short or long WOT run. Whether its a full 1000ft or 1/4 mile run or even a short holeshot and I shut the car down, it does the start hard and rev thing.

Something else I`m beginning to wonder about. And I may be late on this one, is....the only place I buy my 93 octane gas from is a local Sunoco station and I noticed today the "contains 10% ethanol" sticker. How or can this be effecting my car? Is 10% enthanol in 93 pump gas actually giving our cars an advantage or is there another tuning approach to using this gas.?

The IAC could be getting hung up. When you try starting it next time crack the throttle open a LITTLE and see if it starts quicker. Also check and see if your Fuel PSI drops after you shut it off, you could have a sticky injector thats flooding it.

Today I put on a hood mounted fuel gauge do double check pressure. Set at 42lbs line off and monitor driving, WOT pressure. Staying around 37-38lbs. Is this normal?

If you are saying that your fuel pressure is at 37 pounds while you are at full throttle that is NOT normal or good :eek::eek:. Fuel pressure should be at least base pressure + 1 pound higher fuel pressure for each pound of boost. If you start at 42 pounds at 10 pounds of boost you should have at least 52 pounds of fuel pressure!

If you are saying cruise pressure is about 37 then that is probably fine. Fuel pressure lowers with vacuum by 1/2 pound per 1 in-hg. So if you have 42 pounds and 10 in-hg you would have 37 pounds fuel pressure.

Well I`m going to have to double check my fuel pressure at WOT then. Rained here today so didn`t get a chance to take the car out. Is the walbro 340 capable of producing the adequate amount of pressure? So if its 42 plus 1 lb per lb of boost I should look to see 65lbs fuel pressure???? I`m running 23lbs boost right now!