Start up

Larry

Well, after three solid years- the time has come. Three years and I have changed everything on the car except the stock sheet metal and the interior. Complete motor, trans, Turbo,converter, drive shaft, suspension, axles, spool,fuel tank, pump and lines, intercooler, injectors, throttle body. boost management etc. Tonight, I finally turned it over with the starter with the plugs out - oil pressure went to 55# and after alot of help - all the electrical components seemed to work. I put distilled water in and tomarrow it is GO time. I am excited and will not sleep well tonight. I will get some photos up . Larry

great to hear Larry,good luck with the start up.Hopefully mine will be started up by this winter.

Larry I think ALL of us have been waiting for this day for you and us:D

Please get some pictures up for us:cool:

Good Luck

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Larry..
Track doesnt look good for Sunday...:(

btw guys, he does have some pics up on the other board..
in the Western NY Turbo Buick section..

see post "getting ready for 4/24 track rental"

Good to hear Larry! Definitely post some pics up whenever you get a chance:cool:

Well today was very exciting. The car started like it was just another walk in the park. Had a minor transmission leak and an airlock in the coolant - but that was resolved. The darn thing even idled - thanks to Jack Cotton who set up the program. He was nice enough to make himseld available this Sat. to be sure all went well. Tomarrow I will get it off the jack stands and take hike down the road. Man - so far its all good. I realize I have a way to go, but- I am optomistic. Larry

Awesome, I don't think I could wait that long. My friends went 9.7's with a ta block, gn-1's and an older pt88 on a mild tune-up. Good things are in your future for sure.:) :cool:

That's great news Larry. Everyone at TA is looking forward to some track times and video. If you get a chance send some pictures our way I would like to include you in the next catalog.

:cool:

That's great news Larry. Everyone at TA is looking forward to some track times and video. If you get a chance send some pictures our way I would like to include you in the next catalog.

:cool:

I have vhs footage of the initial start up, Also, I had my buddy use my digital camera for a short video. I really wanted to post that. He was not familiar with the camera, and of course it did not come out. I will take some digital footage today and get pctures and hopefully a short video up. I am signed up to race at Norwalk this weekend. However, I want to put some miles on it first and it has rained and snowed everyday since I got it started. We had 2" of snow Saturday and 1 " last night -- That is just all wrong! They are calling for rain all week. If I can't get any miles on it - I am not going to push it for the weekend. I'll just have to see how the week goes. Thanks for all the encouragement. Larry