Stanger got Stung

Spool'n Fool

My buddy at work is the original owner of a nice 88 Mustang GT Convertible 5-spd. It's got 178K miles, and he drives it respectfully (still has the original clutch).

I usually drive my 84 GN to work and always see him, but last Friday I took the 87 slightly modded "Garage Queen" in.

On the way home he was in front of me taking a corner onto a 4 lane road from a stop sign and nailed it.. spinning tires, smoking some from the exhaust, and running the gears (never seen him do that before)... I had to turn the corner and get rolling to 20-25 before I could get into it, otherwise I would've sat spinning..

Somewhere around a 1/4 of a mile or so up the road, he ate my bumper dust (at about 78 mph) as he was still going all out, but we slowed up after that. I quickly got a cell phone call saying "Holy Sh-t that things fast" I had no idea! "All I saw in my mirror was you moving up fast" ...

He always admired the Buick T's, but now has a greater respect for them. The other car guys at work are having fun busting his chops about a little 6 kicking his butt...

I've had the chance to educate a few more then one at a time :-D. I rolled up to a car meet and got in a race with a 2001 Mustang GT with 3.73's and intake exhaust w/e and a 98 cobra with a few bolt ons. I ended up letting another car race and me just tailing behind feathering the gas :D . Nice kill, maybe your boss with think about buying a Turbo T.

Well I know it's off beat from this forum/topic but I think it's funny as hell. You guys whip the crap out of stangs all the time...well so do I, in my truck lol Sure It's supercharged but damn, I weigh 2000k more than an GT ;) It's freaken funny as hell when I beat a GT in my 4dr gas powered truck. They get pissed off and turn on the next road out of there.