Stan Davis' 200+ MPH Turbo Regal~ Complete Turbo Mag write-up and video.

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
Well I figured since we were on the topic of top speed performance such as Callaway's twin turbo Sledgehammer C4 Vette running 254 MPH we might as well bring up Stan Davis' and his purple T-type that won the Unlimited class at the 1998 Silver State Classic held in Nevada. I like to call this car the "Flying Brick" for obvious reasons!;) :D :cool:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD5RZPgMqEM[/YOUTUBE]

And since I have some extra time on my hands at the moment I looked through my "little" collection of Turbo Magazines and figured I'd scan the article on this impressive ride for those that might've not seen it.

Attachments

• 200MPHTR1.jpg
    200MPHTR1.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 855
  • 200MPHTR2.jpg
    200MPHTR2.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 884
  • 200MPHTR3.jpg
    200MPHTR3.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 922
  • 200MPHTR4.jpg
    200MPHTR4.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 864
  • 200MPHTR5.jpg
    200MPHTR5.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 834

Attachments

• 200MPHTR6.jpg
    200MPHTR6.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 772
  • 200MPHTR7.jpg
    200MPHTR7.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 765
  • 200MPHTR8.jpg
    200MPHTR8.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 760
  • 200MPHTR9.jpg
    200MPHTR9.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 743
  • 200MPHTR10.jpg
    200MPHTR10.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 750

Attachments

• 200MPHTR11.jpg
    200MPHTR11.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 746
  • 200MPHTR12.jpg
    200MPHTR12.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 738
  • 200MPHTR13.jpg
    200MPHTR13.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 778
if you loook thru the bottom row of pics and pick the crash one w/ the japenese guy about 3/4 of the way thru the vid you'll see what resembles that regal flipping thru the air

What bottom row of picks and what video?

When you finish watching the video, on the bottom you will see a little row of pics for each video and he was talking about this vid~

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24WO13jnBqw[/YOUTUBE]

Yep, that was it...

it blew a tire at 201.. Car was fixed (for the most part), but never finished.

and buick put a fuel cut off at 126 in our stock chips for aerodynamic reasons??? :p

Yep, that was it...

it blew a tire at 201.. Car was fixed (for the most part), but never finished.

That sucks about the car cause it really was something you don't normally see in the top speed competitions, but it's great to see the driver came out of it okay especially after seeing how many times the car flipped!:eek:

That sucks about the car cause it really was something you don't normally see in the top speed competitions, but it's great to see the driver came out of it okay especially after seeing how many times the car flipped!:eek:

Steve,

You might be able to pick it up.
Nick @ Duttweiler's shop told me it was for sale a couple years ago.

John,

That is how I know so much about it. I spent the weekend in CA a couple years back with Stan and the car and planned to buy it.

I had no idea what condition it was after the accident.. I love the car, but to be honest it needs a lot work. I figured it would be better to start from a clean sheet on a new car instead of rebuilding.

When I saw it the frame was twisted.. and the front end was cut off (he planned to replace it with a fiberglass front end, just never finished...

The car was amazing for its time.. sad to see what happened to it.. Last I talked to Stan the drivetrain was sold, car was just sitting. It was pretty much stripped.

John,

That is how I know so much about it. I spent the weekend in CA a couple years back with Stan and the car and planned to buy it.

I had no idea what condition it was after the accident.. I love the car, but to be honest it needs a lot work. I figured it would be better to start from a clean sheet on a new car instead of rebuilding.

When I saw it the frame was twisted.. and the front end was cut off (he planned to replace it with a fiberglass front end, just never finished...

The car was amazing for its time.. sad to see what happened to it.. Last I talked to Stan the drivetrain was sold, car was just sitting. It was pretty much stripped.

I thought about it for a couple minutes then Nick went into the details!
It was way to much of a project for me.
It can't really be made back into a real street car with out a lot of work.
Unfortunately it has a poor suspension for a car.
Since I have no plans to go silver state racing I passed.

Jay Leno should buy it and finish it!!

Jay Leno should buy it and finish it!!

He certainly has the money and will shortly have more time as he is leaving the Tonight Show. Seriously, this would make for a cool addition to his collection! And he already has a cool name for the project, "Flying Brick":cool: