Stalling Help!

87SFI

My car starts up just fine when it's cold, but if I drive it for even 5 min then shut it off then turn it back on and put into gear it wants to die on me. I can even tell a little bit when it is cold then put it in gear the car takes too long to get used to the load then finally adjusts itself to run in gear. When it gets warm it dies on me when i put it into gear and when I start it back up it idles bad for a while then back to normal after a minute of driving. I also get alot of spark knock at 15#'s boost. This all happened when I went from a 206/206 hydraulic to a 206/206 roller. Any suggestions?

Can't find vacuum leaks
double checked cam sensor installation

FP 42lbs
IAC: 20 hot
MAF: 5
BLM: 128

George

I'm having the exact same problem that you have! It is really frustrating! i cant seem to find any vaccum leaks anywhere either. My car will start up fine , but when i but it in gear it sometimes dies on me. I noticed that my EGR valve is leaking, so i went to the local auto store (Kragen) and purchased the valve. After putting the #27 washer and gasket, i put the new one on and the problem is now WORSE! I think i'm goint to have to go to the dealer for the OEM style EGR Valve. You can try an EGR Valve from the dealer and see what happens. GOOD LUCK! Your not alone!

IAC is a possibility. This is what will keep your idle adjusted to compensate for load variations at idle. Could be out of adjustment,dirty,or just bad and need replacing.
I think that 20 is a little low for the IAC

I vote for you to inspect the IAC! I must have overtightened mine after a cleaning one time... I found most of my idle problems (And the occational stall) were due to cracked threads... While this probably didn't make an air leak, it did prevent the valve from working from time to time (Body was bent/side loaded.) I was also OK on the IAC counts (20-30 most of the time), but I never was looking at the IAC counts when it stalled.

Thanks for the replies. I did reset the iac a while back to see if it would cure the problem,but no luck. It also looks like it has been replaced before because it looks new. I also raised the iac past 40 (hot idle) to see what would happen and it still stalls on me. I'll look into the egr valve. I did disconnect the vacuum line going to the egr valve and the stem seams to blow some air very slightly. Is that normal?

Thanks!
George